My first decent HDRs

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here are a couple HDRs that i did yesterday, the one of the window was actually made from several wrong exposures i took trying to get the light right so i just put them together and surprisingly it worked. what is good about these? what needs improvement, i just want to learn so i can get better at this. thanks!
DSC020928More.jpg

DSC0578012.jpg

and yea, i know there are people in the second one, i just didnt really want to bother with trying to get rid of the ghosts...

Well if I'm understanding correctly you're not looking for advice on the actual photos just the HDR affect, right? If that's the case I think you nailed the affect.

well you can comment on the photos themselves too, i know a lot of people use HDR recklessly, so i guess i want comments on whether it was a good idea for these photos, just overall critiquing would be helpful. and teishu- HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, you blend different exposures of the same photo, and use something like photoshop or photomatix to combine them,

more comments, critique????

Well if I'm understanding correctly you're not looking for advice on the actual photos just the HDR affect, right? If that's the case I think you nailed the affect.

effect...

Number one I like. Number 2 I think the sky is a tad too dark considering the affect of the visible shadows.

thats surprising that the first one even worked as well as it did. when i took the exposures that i used for that one, i didnt even know anything about HDR, i just happened to have all the various exposures i used to get the lighting right laying in a folder on my hard drive, i guess it was a good thing i didnt delete them

#2 works well, Your horizon is just to centered. But HDR side of it and the angle of the shot is excellent, Nice work. You should consider a ND graduate filter instead of HDR. You can get good results without a tripod and hours of PPing. They are not to expensive.
Cosmo

i have a nd grad. , but i like HDR, and I thought it would be fun to try it out...

lol, google sure is useful, here's another HDR that i just did this afternoon, is it any better than the first ones??
Holymolyitsalivingroom.jpg

sic magnificus, sic magnificus

Most reactions

New Topics

Back