My first decent HDRs

ok, so i think i can figure out what magnificus means... but whats "sic"?

Shorty, what software, exposures, and techniques are you using to make these? I like the second picture best, but crop out that rail. The last one is ok, but the HDR effect seems a bit unreal, faked, or gimmicky...maybe the out-of-the-windows effect is too dark and clear to be believable, especially for throwing direct sunlight onto the floor?

i was using photomatix to process these, i took a few pictures, kind of just ramping up the exposure from too dark to too bright and then running them through the program , and doing the tone mapping feature, you can also use photoshop cs2 to do it, but its a little more complicated because it involves converting the hdr back into 8 or 16 bit format, and tone mapping isnt quite as easy. thanks for your comments though!

I like the first one the best. It's very peaceful, nice straight lines, and I like the colors. HDR is really wonderful. Sorry I can't offer any critiques on the technique itself; it's still something on my list of things to try. In the third photo, I just noticed you seem to have a strange optical effect going on with the lampshade appearing to be both in and outside the cabinet?!

Edit: Silly me, it's a reflection.:) Looks a bit 3D.

Most reactions

Back