my first engagement shoot ever

andrew todd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
did these last night.. let me know what you think. i mostly do skateboarding photography but i agreed to do this engagement shoot for fun.

512221634_b54aeb7862.jpg

512219318_b2cabc90fd.jpg

the rest (well just a couple more)
www.flickr.com/photos/67098743@N00/sets/72157594386616800/show/

I like a lot of things about the first one. The exposure is great, nice use of fill flash and what I assume is sunlight for a back-light. It's nice and sharp and the shallow DOF works well. I can see a few things that could use improvement, IMO. She looks a little awkward looking up at that angle and twisting around. His glasses are too low on his face and are partially blocking his eyes.

I also really like the 2nd one...again, great exposure and DOF. I might like to see a bit more rim light from the sun...but that's not a big deal

Well done.

thanks very much.. i have alot to choose from.. i filled an 8gb card yesterday out of fear that my shots werent going to turn out.. pretty stressfull stuff for my first time.

Thats some great work for your first time.

#1, Agree. The angle at which she is looking up is a bit awkward. But depth of field is great and exposure is excellent.

#2, Classic. Very touching and classy. One thing though, what is that bright dot between them near the bottom? Is that the setting sun or is that too small to be the sun. If its not the sun, I might clone that out, as it distracts somewhat from the silouette. Thats just me though.

I saw the other pics too. Great job Andrew! :)

Yes a lot to like about both. :)

I think you did a fantastic job for your first try, if you listen to some of the tips others have given, you should do fantastic if you decide to do more of the same.

You should absolutely do more! Great job!

Most reactions

Back