my first ever portraits......C&C plzzzzzzz

Rudha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
guys i have just found out abt rear curtain flash and went for couple of portraits this time....as it's my first time taking portraits i went simpler backgrounds and plain expressions....

4014487816_e3cbe52229_b.jpg

4013725373_620b91702f_b.jpg

4013722863_d66453839c_b.jpg

4013727147_132d9a126e_b.jpg

and here's the weird one.....i know i am trying patience with one but plz do tell me if you think it's any good ...i kinda like it....
P.S: i was trying to get the lines off her but it was a failed attempt

The first one seems that she is a bit out of focus and a little dark. The second pic seems like she is a little bright, maybe your flash was a little too close. The 3rd pic she's cut off and probly would have came out better with a closer shot, I like the way the light from the phone lights her face. The 4th pic is a little cool, something different, it would have been cool if you could have got her centered in the pic. Other then that not bad for first time portraits.

guys i have just found out abt rear curtain flash and went for couple of portraits this time....as it's my first time taking portraits i went simpler backgrounds and plain expressions....

and here's the weird one.....i know i am trying patience with one but plz do tell me if you think it's any good ...i kinda like it....
P.S: i was trying to get the lines off her but it was a failed attempt

I can't see your pics from where I am right now but I'm curious... Why would you use rear curtain sync for a portrait?

But look at her shirt. It lost color cause it went to bright

thanks for the input guys....i thought the flash was a little too bright too so i halved the power but it looked a little too dark ....so i kept the first one

and i chose the rear curtain sync bcoz i wanted to get all the ambient light to get a little bokeh and also i thought i didn't any other slow sync at that time ....turns out it does have slow sync.....:D

thanks for the input guys....i thought the flash was a little too bright too so i halved the power but it looked a little too dark ....so i kept the first one

and i chose the rear curtain sync bcoz i wanted to get all the ambient light to get a little bokeh and also i thought i didn't any other slow sync at that time ....turns out it does have slow sync.....:D

Rear curtain sync provides a benefit only if there is subject movement.

didn't know much abt it i was too excited ....i did try the movement one which ended up as #4, but as an amateur my only aim was to take a picture at night and i read the camera instructions it said this would help

sorry my mistake the subject was not moving only i was shaking the camera like a maniac.....but how would you capture any movement when there such a low light???

Most reactions

Back