My First Exihibition

That was neat Rob. Congratulations. You miniscule investment (of which some are reluctant given that they don't know the gains you can make out of it ['making hundreds of bucks') turned out to be successful.

The total investment was just over $1000 NZ, + about 60 hours of my time, 9 of the left overs now have pride of place in a local shop that sells, rocks,crystals insence and local art nick nacks a hippy kind of store, but I feel that my work suits the style of shop also.

I have the entire wall covered behind the point of sale, so basically anyone that buys from this shop cant help but see my work displayed and the commission to the retailer is nice and low, yes I know it is no art gallery, but the commission is far less, I have the only art of its type in the store and I can still sell them at an excellent price, ie: affordable.

The owner is also really good to work with.

The other gallery I had a piece with has finally sold it after 4 months, they took a 40% commission on the total sale price so they end up making more money than I did for no investment on their part other than the floor space and selling it to the customer. I will sell more work through that gallery, but the sizes will be bigger and so will the pricing, but neither place will have the same work.

i love your city/lava photo

Cheers, that one shot generated a lot of interest, especially for the locals, may have something to do with the fact they would never see the place lit up like that from that location, not many people will descend a 750 foot hill in complete darkness...lol, I will though :p

CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks

good stuff! i wish i had the money to frame all my best shots and show them somewhere!

That's why we have credit cards, gotta spend money to make money? Putting your money where your mouth is really makes you look hard at your work, it becomes a product as well as art.

Good job!

Nice work Rob.

Thanks Bitter :)

congrats,thats awesome,wishing you the best of luck also your photos seem great.

Congratulations! Good job! :)

Most reactions

Back