My First Explore on Flickr

gpardo64

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys, I wanted to share with you that today I got my first pic Explored on Flickr!

I made this close up photo for a challenge which the theme was Rubbish/Dirt.

This is the link to the photo in Flickr:

You Better Recycle on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is the pic:

4718608805_f39d27dff2.jpg

Dude, I think that is great. I saw this pic today or yesterday on flickr. I've recently started using flickr in hopes one day I can be explored. So, I'm proud of you. Keep up the creativity.

It''s always a nice compliment when you get explored. I've not had one for a little over two years now (I've had 9) and none stayed in the top 500 for all that long. Nice image though - I'll go and seek it out.

nice shot

I have 150+ on a explore and a handful that have made it to the front page. There are a few "tricks" you can use to help get your images up there....

What the heck does that mean? :lol:

Long story short.... Flickr gets between 3-6 thousand uploads per minute, at the end of the day they select around 500 of the"most interesting" images for Explore - you can view recently Explored images from the past 7 days here - http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
If an image makes front page of explore you can get a thousand views in a very short amount of time.

Tell me more...

Let me start of by saying that this is what works for me and others I know.

Aside from good images (and even that is debatable :lmao: )
1 - Never EVER post images to groups that require comments. I am not a member of any of these types of groups, I would rather have REAL feedback on my images and not some silly "super sparkle star silver cup awards". If you post to these groups your image will be much less likely to hit explore.

2- Never post to more than 15 groups - I post only to a max of 8-14 groups

3- Be active!
The best way to get your own comments, fav's, and views is to add contacts and interact with them. By leaving constitutive comments you attract people to your stream.

Just my .02
My Explored images ... - http://bighugelabs.com/scout.php?username=summit42&sort=date&year=0
Happy Trails.

Thanks to everyone!!

What the heck does that mean? :lol:

Flickr highlights in a daily basis some pics in the Explore section. It is based on a unknown method which basically scores the interest of the people in your photo during the day.

Tell me more...

Let me start of by saying that this is what works for me and others I know.

Aside from good images (and even that is debatable :lmao: )
1 - Never EVER post images to groups that require comments. I am not a member of any of these types of groups, I would rather have REAL feedback on my images and not some silly "super sparkle star silver cup awards". If you post to these groups your image will be much less likely to hit explore.

2- Never post to more than 15 groups - I post only to a max of 8-14 groups

3- Be active!
The best way to get your own comments, fav's, and views is to add contacts and interact with them. By leaving constitutive comments you attract people to your stream.

Just my .02
My Explored images ... - Scout: Summit42
Happy Trails.

Not far off what I already do actually, but to be honest I don't tend to post to many groups at all unless someone puts an invite on one of my images.

gotta love macro photography!!! one:thumbup: of my personal favorites!

It has been good to see some of the people of this forum stopping by my Flickr place.

Nice job buddy!! I've had one explored and it's a shot I didn't even really like.....lol

I dont know exactly how explore works but as I could read there are some tings that explore considers in the selection like not being in too much groups, the tags, if the shot is geotagged, the number and the quality of the comments you recive (so forget about these glitter awards from some groups) "explore" is really a search algorithm

Most reactions

New Topics

Back