my first 'fashion' shots, please C&C

bluemary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had this shooting with a friend of mine who's also modelling sometimes. It wasn't really a fashion shoot but I tried to go into that direction.
However, like the title said, this was practically the first 'serious' shoot.
I was wondering whether you like the picutres or if you can give me any advise because sometimes, I'm so passionate about something that I don't notice a pole that seems to be coming out of my models head etc. (I know that the tags are distracting, I'm sorry but I feel more comfortable with them on the pictures)

#1:
22.jpg

#2:
42.jpg

#3:
8.jpg

#4:
9.jpg

#5:
10-1.jpg

I hope 5 pictures are not too many!

The black and white picture is the worst in my opinion. I think the last one is the best because of the pose and I think the rest are kind of "ehh" to be honest. It's your first time so it isn't like you're going to shoot like Douglas Kirkland in the beginning. Keep trying.

I like the idea of all of them and the posing, but they are really blurry. Like a weird blurry too. Her skin is really blurry. Did you try to airbrush these?

I really like the first one. I think the first has the look of a fashion shoot, and I think you made some good choices on the composition and props like the chair and such. Not too huge on the effect you did in the second, I might think otherwise if this hadn't been a fashion type shoot, but because it is, I think it heavily distracts from the clothes and is not flattering to the model. However, I think the black and white is rather interesting and I like the bright sun and shadows in it, but I don't really know if it shows off the clothes in any way. In the last, love the location, but not sure about the pose. I think her legs are a spread a little too far. But overall some great creativity and thats the most important part the technical stuff will get easier.

also: looks like your lens/filter has some dirt or something on it making those little dots in the sky on the first one. Sky shots will ALWAYS show dust and stuff. But everybody gets that at one time or another. Hope this helps!

edit: Oops #5 didn't load for me last time. when I say last one in my post I mean #4.

Last edited:
Since this is my most desired type of photography to perfect and perform, I jumped into this thread with a quickness :)

I LOVE #1, the location alone makes the shot for me, but then you add the model, and it's good to go.

#2... would have loved it I'm sure, but not enjoying the effect you chose to apply, though I almost feel as if I know what you were aiming at, good attempt, but a bit much for me to enjoy looking at.

#3... I like it, but would have preferred the colored version. The B&W just looks a tad harsh, might be because of the sunlight more than likely. Looks like mid-day sunlight too.

#4 & #5... like them almost as much as I do #1... no complaints, especially for #5.

Anyway, I like the direction your going in here, and I hope you shoot more with this model, and others as well, and again, this is my favorite type of photography, so the more of it I see from other users, the more I learn :) (#1 has given me some ideas already) :)

Keep it up!

I really like the first one. I think the first has the look of a fashion shoot, and I think you made some good choices on the composition and props like the chair and such. Not too huge on the effect you did in the second, I might think otherwise if this hadn't been a fashion type shoot, but because it is, I think it heavily distracts from the clothes and is not flattering to the model. However, I think the black and white is rather interesting and I like the bright sun and shadows in it, but I don't really know if it shows off the clothes in any way. In the last, love the location, but not sure about the pose. I think her legs are a spread a little too far. But overall some great creativity and thats the most important part the technical stuff will get easier.

also: looks like your lens/filter has some dirt or something on it making those little dots in the sky on the first one. Sky shots will ALWAYS show dust and stuff. But everybody gets that at one time or another. Hope this helps!

edit: Oops #5 didn't load for me last time. when I say last one in my post I mean #4.

yeah I know. I should get it cleaned for weeks now but I never have time. I'll do it soon! I forgot to remove the dots. Thanks for the criticism, I see your point!

Since this is my most desired type of photography to perfect and perform, I jumped into this thread with a quickness :)

I LOVE #1, the location alone makes the shot for me, but then you add the model, and it's good to go.

#2... would have loved it I'm sure, but not enjoying the effect you chose to apply, though I almost feel as if I know what you were aiming at, good attempt, but a bit much for me to enjoy looking at.

#3... I like it, but would have preferred the colored version. The B&W just looks a tad harsh, might be because of the sunlight more than likely. Looks like mid-day sunlight too.

#4 & #5... like them almost as much as I do #1... no complaints, especially for #5.

Anyway, I like the direction your going in here, and I hope you shoot more with this model, and others as well, and again, this is my favorite type of photography, so the more of it I see from other users, the more I learn :) (#1 has given me some ideas already) :)

Keep it up!
thanks for answering, I appreciate it!
yeah, #2 is too dark for fashion.. well, how do you call this way of photography then? If you can call it photography anyway ;)

It was 4pm I think, but the shadow is quite strong.

I'm not sure about #5 actually. I like the pose, because it's different but she seems very uncomfortable to me. I still chose it because of the posing.

Hey,I love seeing your passion. It comes across even in those few sentences!

Most reactions

Back