My first few serious shot, cc please.

Well, the reason I haven't really considered the D5000 is because the price is over my budget right now. Well actually so is the D3000, lol. I love landscape shots but I want to do other types too. I pretty much want to do everything but studio shots. Landscapes and random people shots are probably the ones I'll focus on most. I'll look into the D5000. Anything other than bracketing that makes it really worth it?

I know what you mean about budget. I liked the exposure bracketing, higher megapixels, and the tilt/rotating screen but don't remember any other additional features (more ISO maybe?) I thought the tilt screen thing would be good for shooting macro (something I want to try) and the bracketing for shooting HDR. The megapixels was just a bonus. These features might not matter to you and the D3000 would be great I'm sure. Just thought I'd suggest it.

Ok, I see. Those features sound great (I'd like to do macro too) but I just might wait to get better at photography to upgrade from the D3000 (when I DO get it). Thanks alot for the suggestion though.

@Ccauceg: Thank you. Also, I'll look into that site now.
I've seen that particular book suggested many times on these forums and am about to read it now.
Edit: I really like that site, some GREAT stuff on there that I could only hope to shoot right now. Sure gives me some inspiration knowing that someday I might be able to take stuff like that.

Last edited:
Well, I think I can deal with using this fuji E550 for long enough to save for a D5000. Thank you all for all the help. I'll be taking more shots for cc as soon as I can and I look forward to your opinions.

Most reactions

Back