My First Film Pictures!

snaremop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bigelectricbill.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got these back from the lab minutes ago - I had two rolls developed. Unfortunately, one of these rolls came out completely blank, while the other was blank except for four images. So, rather dissapointing results for my first two rolls of film. :( Anyway, here are the four images from my medium format camera (Yashica Mat 124 G) that actually did come out. They were all overexposed so I had to play with the levels a bit. Other than that, I didn't do any photoshop.

1.)
764373923_d4339c8806.jpg

The clothesline in my backyard.

2.)
764374121_511ad53e4d.jpg

The tunnel near my house. On top of the tunnel is the Hollywood freeway.

3.)
765466050_bfd4996087.jpg

A picture of my street.

4.)
764619231_a4d9c16d77.jpg

Some signs near the tunnel above.

Wow, grain. Though I do like it for #3. Doesn't the light meter on the Yashica work correctly? I used to use a Yashica LM and always used the Sunny 16 rule. Seemed to work well. Anyways, keep on it. Once you learn how to use that Yashica, you're going to love it!

Or take along a camera with a decent meter and transfer the settings to the mf, a lot of old cameras use selenium type metering and unless its a nice day with plenty light they're pretty unreliable, failing that get a light meter and learn how to use it. H

there is sort of blanket of haziness infront of the photographs, isnt it ? kind of a softness that you dont find with digital...

these being the first pictures are ok. I would like to see better compositions and controlled exposure.

#1 : try getting a diagonal frame of the clothes-line, from the left bottom edge to the top right edge of the picture.

#2 : I would have set up a tripod and exposed it for 30 seconds to get stream lines of light.

#3 : overexposed... lacking subjects.

#4 : ...ok

Am sorry to hear about what happened to your films. keep shooting, all the best !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back