My first film shots - 24 B&W unedited

I know the feeling. It is hard to get a wide shot on a DSLR unless you're spending some serious change.

they proved incompotent yet again when I asked them about 35mm proportions. I have no clue what a 35mm frame proportions are, and was hoping they could tell me. The lady there was clueless. I'd like to know, simply so I know how much of what sides will be cropped off when doing a 16x20.

3x2 (36mmx24mm to be exact) so for full frame, you'd want 4x6, 8x12, (Smugmug is likely your best bet if nobody has this locally) or 16x24. (I don't recall seeing 16x24 offered anywhere, but at those sizes, it's not unheard of to get custom cuts of paper)

Well I have shot a few more photos, primarily with my shiny new used EOS-3. I tell you what, shooting film is making me try to get the most out of my settings before I shoot...since I can't do any test shots.

Also, the RANGE of my lenses is absolutely great on a 35mm! My 70-200 f/2.8L IS is absolutely a perfect range for a lot of general shooting. On my crop bodies, it's a little far to be very usable...but on the film cameras, it's a great length. Same with the 50 f/1.4.

Welcom to the freedom of full frame :thumbup: Let the learning begin.

3x2 (36mmx24mm to be exact) so for full frame, you'd want 4x6, 8x12, (Smugmug is likely your best bet if nobody has this locally) or 16x24. (I don't recall seeing 16x24 offered anywhere, but at those sizes, it's not unheard of to get custom cuts of paper)

Ahh makes sense! Thanks!

Those are all looking very nice. Thanks for not posting 24 enormous shots BTW...I cruised right through them

No problem. I need to add that I went back to Lawrence Photo & Video and had a good experience there (finally). Getting an 8x12 and a couple 5x7's. Today, the people I talked to were clearly photographers, and not only salesmen like the other employees I've met.

Got a roll of tmax 400 in the EOS-3 and a roll of tmax 3200 in the ELAN II. So far it's nice having both cameras for ISO flexibility when I'm just playing, so I can't wait to see the results. I've heard Tri-X is better (?) so maybe I'll get the same setup in Tri-X next time around.

A friend accused me of having "too contrasty" photos, so I will try to get decent photos without being so contrasty. (but I reallllly like contrast)

Most reactions

Back