My first flower picture

jinjoh_ninjoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have recently bought a new camera lens (canon 55 - 200mm usm ultrasonic) and here is the first picture I took with it :)
C+C's welcome.
0937efe9b0d60acb605d41cd65623105.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems in focus and decent exposure. The area around the flower is not really adding to the shot, could try adding some vignette or a vertical crop. There is some dead space above and cut off some flower buds below the main subject. So I can only say to look at everything in the frame and not just the subject.

Seems in focus and decent exposure. The area around the flower is not really adding to the shot, could try adding some vignette or a vertical crop. There is some dead space above and cut off some flower buds below the main subject. So I can only say to look at everything in the frame and not just the subject.
ba4a927129fa58b51aa599f0dc2bd5ae.jpg

Is this any better Dave?
Thanks,
Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the crop throws away a lot of pixels. The subject is right in the middle of the frame and some of the light Out Of Focus areas are pulling my view away from the central flowers. The tight crop can also take away a sense of place from the subject, which is fine if the subject itself has some nice lines leading the eye across the image. For a first picture it is fine, I would not try and improve this image but just keep shooting.

Most reactions

Back