Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_0006-1.jpg
befor photshop
apples.jpg
after photoshop

Last edited:
sauteed mushrooms and garlic and other greens
DSC_0003-2.jpg

These are all out of foucus and have have poor lighting (built in flash?). The lighting should be diffused and not come from trhe same directionas the camera

so much for depth of field then i guess, those were all done with built in flash, the apple ones had barely any light around anyway so i used the built in flash going for a depth of field kind of thing, as for focusing, the pizza was autofocused and it came out better than my manually focused one, the others are manually focused though

Last edited:
Mmm they do make me hungry. I think the lighting is your main concern in these, I would def try different lighting Techniques
You might want to try some tips from here

Tasteful Food Photography - O'Reilly Media

And Here

Silverace * Photogenic * Food Photography

The second link has good tips on focus & DOF

Oh and Here is some Awesome Ideas for Lighting!

Strobist: Food Photography Made Easy: The Lunch Box

BTW: What camera & Lense are you using

Good Luck!
thanks for links and the luck, and im using a nikon D3000 18-55mm lense

I just made some candy apples for my boys... But yeah.. Way too dark if anything you could have opened up the aperture a bit more, and set longer shutter speed maybe?

I just made some candy apples for my boys... But yeah.. Way too dark if anything you could have opened up the aperture a bit more, and set longer shutter speed maybe?
aperture was open as wide as it couldve gotten, longer shutter speed might have worked, im looking into getting a new lense that opens wider than 3.5-5.6 though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back