My first gallery/art show: need advice

xtsquintx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right forum, but hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm going to have my photography in a show for the first time in July and I'm trying to nail down some of the technical concerns as far as getting enlargements and such. First off, other than just going to a local print shop, does anyone have advice as to where I could go to get the prints made for a decent price? I was just looking at Shutterfly.com, they have good prices but only offer a few sizes to choose from; on the subject of size, I would like to maintain the original aspect ratio, however I believe Shutterfly mostly offers sizes where I would have to do some cropping... which I would rather not do.

As for the frames, I'm going to use these IKEA Clips series, which are just really simple "no frame" glass frames. They come in a few non-standard sizes too (16x20, 20x20 and 20x28), so there will most likely be some borders, which is fine by me, and I assume that's more "professional" looking anyhow.

I admit I am a true rookie when it comes to preparing work for a gallery, so any help from people who have experience doing this would help. Thanks a lot!

Most reactions

Back