My First HD - RAW File

Discussion in 'HDR Discussions' started by MohaimenK, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Got the camera today so here's what I did really quickly before it started storming hard. I know the setting might be crappy but that's what I had for now. How's the processing? Let me know thanks!

Before:

[​IMG]

HDR

[​IMG]

2. Wheels47130

Wheels47130 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like it. That's a great start.

3. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you Wheels!

4. Chris Stegner

Chris Stegner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Why did you "HDR" this shot? If you shot in RAW you should have been able to process the same "look". Which is fake looking to me.

I think if all the people messing around with "HDR" took the time to shoot then process their RAW files properly, then we'd have a lot less of these "HDR" posts.

Unless of course you were just messing around.... then in that case, sorry for getting on my soap box!

5. Bynx

Bynx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A lot less of these "HDR" posts in the HDR thread. What an idiotic thing to suggest. What is the big concern for people NOT to try HDR? Why go into the HDR forum and suggest NOT to use HDR? It really boggles my mind. But then anyone who uses a Lensbaby to screw up a shot tells me volumes.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  6. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks! Some people need a morning cup of coffee before logging on this site.

Obviously it's my first shot and I'm learning! I gues a better approach would be to try to give suggessions instead of pms?

7. Bynx

Bynx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    For a first attempt its not bad. Sky is always a dead giveaway for it being HDR. Dirty sooty looking clouds and halo's around trees or buildings. In your case none of that since the clouds were on the darker side to start with. Looks pretty natural but I think there is a slight magenta shift causing the brownish look in the clouds. I know you were concentrating on the clouds but the red flowers and yellow pole arent over saturated so I would say your settings were pretty good. Next time include something more interesting and varied to check out the saturation.

8. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanx BYNX. You are truly inspiring with your photos. Yes I did play slightly with the "tint" feature. Caused the sky to change color. But it was done intentionally. But that maybe a nono?

This weekend I will go out and take pics with the camera. Still havent even played with it much since it arrived yesterday

9. Chris Stegner

Chris Stegner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I apologize for my comment. Didn't realize that post was in the HDR section. I just read through the "New Posts". :oops:

But since you called me an idiot (goofy mistake maybe, but idiot?), I have to go back to my question. Was this an attempt to mess around with HDR or was it an attempt to "fix" what the OP thought was a bad lighting situation.

And really, don't bother with another "idiot" statement, I don't really care to hear it. Just trying to find out what I've asked twice now.

Lastly, I don't do coffee.... it's all about Mountain Dew, and I had one way before the post! :mrgreen:

10. Bynx

Bynx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Its not a no no if thats what you wanted. But when doing HDR there is often a color shift to the magenta side. Things look brownish, skies look pink, and the colors are all off. Sometimes its an advantage sometimes not. Depends on the subject and how the reddish shift looks. I look forward to see more of your HDRs NOT LESS.

And for you Chris. Unfortunately we see more and more people drop by the HDR forum, look at a submission and then tell the OP they shouldnt have done an HDR but to go some other way. I think that is unmitigated gall on their part to suggest that. Comment on whether you like the photo or not and why. But I wouldnt suggest the OP was wrong to do what was done unless he/she has asked. The more I see people doing this the more I cant sit still and let them get away with it without saying something. If you dont like HDR fine, go someplace else where you wont see it. Thats simple enough.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  11. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ahh huh! I know what I did. I pulled up the 3 images again and checked the previous settings. Had the temperature at 3.5. here's one at "0" Now that I am looking at it, I think I like this version much better. Looks more original?

[​IMG]

12. Bynx

Bynx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Looks better to me. Too bad you didnt show a bit more of the street, at least down to the road.