My First HDR attempt. from Empire State.

platano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building NYC. let me know what you think.

NYCfromtower.jpg

Give it time honey.... They'll come around. :lol:

I like it. The skyline is fantastic.

And you didn't bring a penny to drop?! haha jk. I think it needs a little work. I don't know a lot about HDR but keep it up.

i would really like it if the shadow wasnt over half the city. i think having that all lit and the background how you have it would be nice.

hey nice hdr you got there! just some CC.
1. i can see there are streaks of light comming down from the clouds in the background are they pp or its actually in the picture?

2. i would love to see more detail on the left side of the building. if your using 3 diff exposure, it should be captured there. its a bit underexposed for me.

3.not much hdr effect on the lower right part of the building, maybe a little more contrast to it.

4. kindly share to us your workflow, softwares so we can cc it also.

much respect,
karlo

hey gregie,
the streaks of light coming from the clouds are natural. and I use photoshop, and I just use the HDR photomerge they got and when its complete i drop it down to 16bit and use the controls that come out from there, thats it really. any suggestions?? and please dont say photomatix cause I dont want to pay $100 for it :( thanks again :D

wait wait... you dont mind paying close to £700 (photoshop) yet you dont want to spend £75 on a plugin that works better? okay lol

Its okay.. photoshop is okay for it...

Try taking 5 exposures instead of 3 (-2 -1 0 +1 +2)
you will get more detail in the frame, only thing is you will have to change the EV yourself... just meter the scene then AE lock then change your EV to -2 then change ev again (keeping the AE lock on)

Most reactions

Back