my first HDR attempt

choudhrysaab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i just watched a video on how to create an HDR and thought I should give it a try.

whatdoyouguyssay?

3727694109_225b6d8e38_o.jpg

btw, if you guys wanna watch the video just click the link - HDR - The Cheats Way

Sorry, but this image isn't doing much for me...doesn't even look like an HDR image. Just looks over processed.

Hmmm, I think I have to agree with Samanax. I don't see any abnormal range of details, in fact I see a couple spots that are bleached out. It's an interesting technology. I'm interested to see what you and others can do with it.

First off, tone-mapping a single shot from multiple variations of exposure from a single RAW file is not HDR. HDR stands for "high dynamic range" and is intended to display/capture/hold a dynamic range in the image that exceeds the camera sensor's dynamic range. You can't create information from no information.

This is tone-mapping.

The reds have become way oversaturated to the point of losing all detail. The flowers look splotchy as a result.

Thanx guys ... i'm working on it so hopefully my next try won't be as bad as this :-$

If you are just starting out with HDR focus on landscapes with a large dynamic range. I love shooting dark clouds, interesting foreground, and a reflection.

Most reactions

Back