TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First Hdr ever made
What you think?

2787420571_5d54bfc0a6.jpg

2787420427_a2f9901e61.jpg

I'm liking the sky and foliage but IMO the building is too overexposed could be toned down a little while tying to keep that "sky's parting" white (the color I like just a little to bright). Overall way better than any HDR I tried to make (overall:3; failures:3)

I think the top is a normal image, not HDR, but I could be wrong :)

I would agree with Tirediron, the buildings in the HDR are all blown highlights although I do like the sky. I've not really done any of these myself but I'd have thought it would have been better to try and make more of the cliffs and the sea rather than messing with a foreground that looked pretty good to begin with.

Just my opinion.

I was gonna say the top was the best HDR I ever saw, until I started to suspect that it was normal. lol The bottom one has issues on the white building.

Yup, I am afraid I also think so. It's a normal photo and the second one has just lots of contrast...

That would actually look pretty good if the white buildings weren't blown out. Can you try the same thing, but keep the white buildings as they are in the first picture? Actually, I think just leaving the entire foreground the way it is and editing the sky would be perfect.

Last edited:
I've got to agree -- it's a GREAT image but you should lower the white point to get that foreboding sky over a bright (but not overexposed) greece

and i dont know what step your using but i normally use a 2.0 step that might help with your over exposure.

I quite like the second photo, as it's nice and contrasty. However, I don't much like the "bloom" effect on the white building.

Still, the first photo is very nice!

Most reactions

Back