My First HDR: Cement Plant @ Exshaw, Alberta

Well, to be honest, the shot doesn't do much for me. The sky is over-saturated (personal opinion, of course), the subject uninteresting, and it doesn't seem like a scene that asks for the HDR treatment.

I do like the texture of the water (?) in the foreground. I think, with a few adjustments, it would be a nice image without the structure.

Also, I'd strongly recommend you posting your photos directly within the thread; I only ventured out in order to fulfill a promise to myself.

Keep shooting!

Jon

looks good for a first time... were you using photomatix for the blend?.. or some other software. I'm asumming the lake was frozen over? hence the light/dark patches etc. keep practicing at it. took me about 10 tries before i started getting happy with my results. Some freebee software is Gimp which does a pretty good job at it. I usually use lightroom as well to touchup on things as well. i'll throw my HDR deviant page up in my profile for you to look at

cheers
Grant

Last edited:
HDR????? It look more like an overexposed shot. That is not HDR bud. Keep on trying.
Im sorry dude......I know HDR is the BIG fad right now so if you really want to try it you need to find and area that has a lot of dynamic range.... IE lots of bright and dark spots.
Seriously though. Keep trying. The more you try the better you will get. Ive been shooting 10 years and I am still learning. :)

Cheers mate.

just to throw it out there, there is a HUGE difference between criticism and just being an asshole, too bad more folks on this forum lean to the asshole side. Always willing to point out your shortfalls but don't really throw out too many comments on how to improve.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back