my first HDR

rein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what did i do wrong?

bench.jpg

There's a fair bit of ghosting going on (mainly in the clouds and trees), making the whole thing appear a bit soft. I love it, though; it's a lovely composed scene with beautiful vivid colours.

If this is your first, I look forward to seeing more!

thanks! how can i fix that? clouds dont stay still, and it was very windy so trees were a bit blurry, any way to get rid of that?

I'm inexperienced with HDR, so I can't really offer much help, I'm afraid.

Whenever I've done it in the past, though, I've overlayed exposures in photoshop, masked all but one out, then manually painted detail in/out the long, tedious way, so I've never ran into this problem.

I'm sure someone can come along and offer some real help though.

I think the easiest way to sort this, is to take the pictures on a less windy day :p

It seems over-saturated to me too. I know that's probably what you were going for, but it looks as though some of the detail in the greens have been lost. Personally, I like detailed shots... so I would have been a bit more careful with the saturation slider.

I like how it just jumps out at you though! Very eye catching and well composed shot.

thanks! how can i fix that? clouds dont stay still, and it was very windy so trees were a bit blurry, any way to get rid of that?

Set your camera on a tripod, and make sure the bracketed shots go off as fast as possible. Thats about it. If you are taking the shot, changing the settings, taking the shot, changing the settings, etc. - then you're doing it wrong. Bracket it up so it takes the different exposures one after the other.

I really like this image !

Maybe I should start shooting HDR's too.

Did you shot the images in RAW ?

Most reactions

Back