My first HDR ...

Timbo1961

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey All...
Well, the light was crap that morning...
So I thought I would try something that I had never done before.
I was looking for fall colours, some long exposures of the creek in the valley, ... nature stuff.
Anyways, here is what the scene really looked like, and the final HDR.
No real curves adjustment ... a little colour saturation increase, but that is about it.
Gotta love this HDR stuff!
Any CC welcome ... Hope this works ... first time posting on this site.
Thanks
T

Original scene ... http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/Tims_Album/_DSC0349.jpg

Final HDR ... http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/Tims_Album/_DSC0346_47_48_49_50HDR.jpg

Nice! I like it a lot. The sky really helps out. Did you do this by adjusting exposure from one shot in post, or did you actually take multiple shots at varying exposure levels and do it that way?

It looks good but try increasing some local contrast in the ground areas.

It would really help if you used photomatix, even the pros dont use PS to fully edit an image that has an HDR, they creat the base, untoe mapped picture in PS and tone map it photomatix. nice first try though, it takes a while to get just the look your going for but its worth it in the end. i only shoot HDR now a days....im bored of everything else haha

It would really help if you used photomatix, even the pros dont use PS to fully edit an image that has an HDR, they creat the base, untoe mapped picture in PS and tone map it photomatix. nice first try though, it takes a while to get just the look your going for but its worth it in the end. i only shoot HDR now a days....im bored of everything else haha

i agree. the middle of the image as well looks really bad and foggy.

Hi Guys ...
Thanks for the comments.
I did use Photomatix (sorry should have mentioned that) with 5 bracketed exposures, but as I mentioned I have really started to play around with the curves and levels yet. I agree the centre looks a little washed out... so I have some work to do. I was really impressed by how it punched out the colours and brought out quite a dramatic sky...
Well, that was the first one of many I hope!
Now it's time to play ...

Most reactions

Back