My first images for C&C (pic heavy)- Appreciative of any criticism

brobinson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been shooting for several months with my Nikon D40. I have primarily been using my Nikkor E series 100mm f/2.8 lens. The following pictures have had a lot of PP and I would also love some C&C on that as well. Don't feel the need to be easy because I need to hear the truth. Thanks so much in advance!

new4.jpg

flowerorange2.jpg

experiment2.jpg

experiment4.jpg

experiment6.jpg

streetcorner.jpg

Just my opinion, but they are to dark for my liking. 4th one seems to have something strange happening at the base of the pedals.

just curious but did you do any post processing? i don't think they're too dark but theres some interesting glow around the petals of number 3.

overall i like them though

I think the darkness works for 1, 2 and 5 (the slight desaturation no 5 too) but I'm not sure on the others. I also like 6, interesting compostion, feels like you're waiting on someone coming out the door. You're not stalking someone are you? :)

I really like #1, quite alot actually. The rest in my opinion are way to dark and its hard to make out alot of the detail. your composition looks fairly good tho.

again, nice job on #1.

#1 is great. As said above, all the rest are a little on the dark side. So, where in NC are you located? I'm in Graham which is right outside of Greensboro.

I like #1, 2, and 6. The others are too dark. The darkness in #1 and 2 work well though.

very cool but a lttle to much photoshop but look awesome.

I think that they are over-processed. I could be biassed though because I like more natural-looking photography and these just look to have that "processed" feel to them as opposed to the "once-in-a-lifetime" shot that even the simplest of natural shots could give you. As far as editing goes, its VERY nice for the most part, I just dont like the concept or editing much in general. Nice Series.

Mark

1 & 2.... sick.

1 is such a deep pic, it pulls you in. excellent work.

2 is so dramatic/triumphant. I LOVE that one! The one flower still going strong while the others around it are wilted and dead... dont know if thats the feel you wanted to portray with that, but its a homerun for me! I would call this photo "Resilience".

Nice work.

1 & 2.... sick.

1 is such a deep pic, it pulls you in. excellent work.

2 is so dramatic/triumphant. I LOVE that one! The one flower still going strong while the others around it are wilted and dead... dont know if thats the feel you wanted to portray with that, but its a homerun for me! I would call this photo "Resilience".

Nice work.

I'm glad you said that! For picture #2, I really tried to capture that emotion.

Would any of you like to see the originals so as to see exactly what PP I did? :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

Brendan

Pretty much same as everyone else... kinda dark, but I like the way it works in #1. Neat shot.

:thumbup:

You did a good job with #2 then! Would like to see 1 & 2 prior to the processing.

what program are you using to edit those!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back