My first IR (56k)

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Hit the submit button instead of the preview (Doh)
Okay my first go with the ir filter....a litlle more tricky than I expected.

IMG_7662-01.jpg

IMG_7709-01-copy.jpg

ir1.jpg

This I only changed the white balance in my raw prog, liked the way it looked so no other processing.

ir2.jpg

And lastly my fave of the bunch.

Shed.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

Wow, they are stunning. I am so intrigued by IR but yet I never go out and try it:er: For a first try, these are amazing. My first try was a complete flop, as usuual. Do you mind me asking what your shutter speed and aperture that you use for IR is? Were these taken with the 50mm lens? Great series.

I really love 2, the softness makes it more appealing to me.

I'm new to photography and so have no idea about IR but I love I think they are fantastic. For me the ones that appeal to me are the first, forth and fifth shots.

It could be just me but the second shot is a little hard on the eyes for me.

cool shots ken, love the second one and the orangy one. i had a look on your website. you have so many great images for only a couple years worth of work... you live in a very photogenic place - and you definitely have the eye for capturing it... :thumbup:

Wow...when I saw KenCo, goes IR....I thought ...this is gonna rock. Awesome man. Very well done.
I gotta call Airic.:D

wicked IR. I wish my first attempt went like this. But nooooooooo, it was a big flop :)
The second one with the haybales is very nice :thumbup:

Great series, my favorite is the last one.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I think the second pic was my favourite scene of the day...but I don't think I captured it that well, as the focus is out slightly.....So I gave it a blur and used the history brush to bring the building back through, then selective sharpen on the building. I hope to get back out soon and re take that one.....
bytch_mynickname said:
Do you mind me asking what your shutter speed and aperture that you use for IR is? Were these taken with the 50mm lens?
Hi mate and thanks. I did use the 50mm 1.8 for these as the kit lens and my 28-70 don't work with IR :x which is a bummer! The filter I'm using is a Cokin P007, I thought it may be easier using cokin rather than the screw on style..... It doesn't let the camera expose correctly, so I have to do it all on maual. I don't know much about IR myself but shot these at F22 and around 30 seconds....also noticed increasing the Iso doesn't seem to make any difference to exposure times?
JTHphoto said:
cool shots ken, love the second one and the orangy one. i had a look on your website. you have so many great images for only a couple years worth of work... you live in a very photogenic place - and you definitely have the eye for capturing it...
Cheers mate and thanks for taking a look.....I have a load of other stuff I'm just re-processing now and hope to upload soon so please call back.
My biggest regret is not picking a camera up sooner.
Thanks again for all the comments.
Ken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back