My first living subject

ajkramer87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have never gotten this excited about a spider before. Seen him hanging on the porch and I ran to get my camera. I really love this macro lens. Also have no clue as what species this is.

014.jpg

012.jpg

the first one is way better than the second. Nice shot!

One of the things that makes the first shot so much better is the graduated background in the first shot--the transition from lighter to progressively darker background tonal value, all in the gray-to-black family, makes the first photo's background very good behind a white-colored spider's web. I think the photo could use a bit more sharpening though--it looks like it's a tiny smidge either OOF or motion blurred, which is pretty common at this high of a magnification. I'm not much of a spider guy....does the wolf spider have eyes like that ???

One of the things that makes the first shot so much better is the graduated background in the first shot--the transition from lighter to progressively darker background tonal value, all in the gray-to-black family, makes the first photo's background very good behind a white-colored spider's web. I think the photo could use a bit more sharpening though--it looks like it's a tiny smidge either OOF or motion blurred, which is pretty common at this high of a magnification. I'm not much of a spider guy....does the wolf spider have eyes like that ???

I wasnt trying for the dark to light transition. I think I need to do some more work with my diffuser. Or maybe it was because it was getting dark and the siding on the house is white. Also I have been told that this is an orbweb spider. It does look a bit OoF though. He was so small I could barely see what I was shooting. I need to find some bigger bugs to work with.

I believe thats an orb spider of some type. First shot is definitely cool.

Most reactions

Back