My first Macro Attempt

Yuvraj Thapa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my first attempt with my Sony camera, I snapped the flower which is in front of my house. Hope the shot is good and if its not please give me the preferred suggestions.
Thanks!

jqm1id.jpg

The subject of the photograph, the orange flower, is quite good - in focus, properly exposed, no over-saturation, etc. The biggest problem with the image is the background - I would crop out the red/pink flower and its stem (if that is what the thin thing is) on the left as it is very distracting. Also, the green leafy stuff in the background about half-way down the stem of the orange flower is also very distracting. You have to remember that you, the photographer, are totally responsible for everything that is in the frame and thus in the final image that you capture. There should never be anything in the frame that takes the viewer's eye away from the primary subject of the photo. I suspect that the only way to get rid of the "green leafy stuff" in the background is to change the angle of the shot. You may want to move either left or right to get rid of this stuff from the final image, or shoot from a lower or higher perspective so that the stuff does not appear in the final shot. HTH.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
it is good.

umm. Thanks a lot for your suggestion Western Guy and bribrius. I really appreciate it. Actually i snapped the pic just in front of my house where there is lots of other flowers. I would have cropped and posted over here. But i wanted to kept it natural so that i can receive some advice on my photography. Pits and fall like that.
Anyways thank a lot ! Next time i will definitely follow your advice.

Most reactions

Back