My first model shoot

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by bigalbest, Aug 22, 2008.

1. bigalbest

bigalbest TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

This is a picture from my first model shoot, the lovely Jessica. I'll upload more later, but I'm out of town for the weekend so this will have to do for now. :(

Three Profoto D4 2400 packs, four white umbrellas on backdrop, two large softboxes over car and ringlight on subject. Please let me know what you think, I'm thrilled with these pictures so could use some un-biased opinions.

2. Trenton Romulox

Trenton Romulox TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I wish you could see the entire car, for starters. Also, the lighting on the model seems a bit flat to me. And it's a bit strange that you can't see her left hand. And there are some unflattering skin wrinkles in her armpit area that should be an easy fix in PS. It's not a bad shot; but it has some weaknesses.

3. wxnut

wxnut TPF Noob!

Nice. The potential is there. My thoughts... If this is a picture of a "car" (we will call it that) with a hot girl, then she should be closer to the car. If its a picture of a hot girl... then why did you pic the "car" for a background? Agree on the flat lighting. Maybe you could warm the light up a bit in PS. Also I laughed out loud when I saw the pic as it looked to me like her left hand was up her a$$. No disrespect, but thats what I saw...

Doug Raflik

4. kostasfmx

kostasfmx TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Abslutely Fabulous photo!
    This is a Pro work!!!!

5. MarkCSmith

MarkCSmith TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Her posing is very awkward, a bit too much of an arch in her back. Her stomach protruding past her breasts looks very unflattering, whether a product of the angle or the pose.

The car is a throwaway set piece in this shot since she covers up a good chunk of it. It almost makes her intrusive in the pic to my eye, since the car is in focus.

I actually think the lighting works nicely for the model's skin tone but not the rest of the picture.

6. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Have to agree with all except kostasfmx.

7. DRoberts

DRoberts TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah...the hand thing is disturbing.

8. holga girl

holga girl TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    there seems to be way too much competition between the model and the car. i also agree that her hand could be MUCH better placed. the very first thing i noticed was the windshield coming out of her face.... very distracting.

i would have either forgone the car all together or shown the whole car, but blurred it out with a wider ap. perhaps we could see some more from this series.

9. John_Olexa

John_Olexa No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm sure it as a fun shoot! :wink: I have seen these type shots done before, but they usely included the whole vehicle. But I do have to agree with the left hand part (Missing) I think it would have worked a lot better if it was resting on her hip. It would have been a little more seductive then it is now. I think wxnut said it best about the placement of her left hand LOL. Reminds me of tennis player Rafael Nadal ! Tennis fans will understand that one :mrgreen:

10. SandShots

SandShots TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like the shot. that sandrail in the background is awesome. in southern california and arizona, the offroaders are gearing up for another great dune season. This type of shot is seen alot in certain magazines.
    like others said that hand should of been repositioned. do you have other shots from that shoot? in this one it looks more like she's tired, could probably turn into a serious look/pose..

11. bigalbest

bigalbest TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

[​IMG]

Most of the shots from this set are too racy to post and like most of the responses note, there are some problems with the hand positions. This being my first model shoot with this much equipment there were some obvious mistakes made and I'll be working on correcting these issues in the future. :D

12. bigalbest

bigalbest TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

Here is kind of a set up shot. This set was a pain to build, mainly because of the floor.

Three Profoto D4 2400 packs, four umbrellas on background, two large softboxes boomed over car, ringlight on camera. I used three sections of white seamless paper on the back, and 18 4x8 foot pieces of thrifty white tileboard for the floor.