My first model shoot.

Jloliver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, here's a few from my first photo shoot. I would like any comments you have! Thanks for any feedback.
railroadcopy.jpg
saintsfloorlookingcopy.jpg
manorfenceleancopy.jpg
railroadsittingblackwhite.jpg
cabinsisteencopy.jpg
railroadclosesittingcopy.jpg

Bridget%20shoot

My opinion...

You did a good job. I see a lot of different stuff here. Some shots are sharp, some are softer, different settings (as in locations), different compositions.

I really like #2 but I'd like to see it cropped less... if it's cropped at all.

I wish I had a 7D like you... :)

I love #3 with the colors and her hair is glowing with light, but not too much... you know?

#1 doesn't work for me. She is slouching with her arm dangling straigth down. Not a flattering look.

#2. I'm not sure why one of her leg is up, but then it is blurred due to DOF...so not sure what's the point. You also cropped at her ankle, making it seems as though she is footless. I love the sharpness of her face and the lighting. I noticed you have a light camera left is that correct? no fill light? (I don't see a reflection in her left eye).

#3. Again, looks like she is "slouching".

#4. Her arms look "tense" holding on the her legs.

#5. I don't like that knee together look.

#6. I love this one, though the top could use some cropping

Overall, I love the lighting, and the sharpness of the pictures. Keep up the good work.

For a first attempt these are incredible! Nice job.

My thoughts:

1. The background is nice, but I don't like the pose, and the right eye is weirding me out. There is also a dark shadow over the eye and it draws me directly to it.

2. This is the best exposure you have and my favorite, beautiful. But the cropped leg bothers me as well.

3. I like the pose. Parts of the fence and her hair are blown out though.

4. I love the shot, but I'm drawn directly to the way too bright dress. Always check your histogram after the first shot, and adjust your settings. My camera also has a highlight mode on the screen that flashes the completely white areas at you. Even though it's a completely white dress, there should be shadows on the folds. You got some shadow, but the sleeves, for instance, are devoid of detail.

5. This is my least favorite shot. Too grainy, blown out dress and hair, and her legs aren't so flattering pressed up against the fence.

6. Nice exposure, decent pose, and I like the wisp of hair crossing her face.

I can't wait to see your next shoot!

Bekah

Thanks for all the critiques, It's good to get the input from many different eyes and tastes. I find it funny how every person that I show the shoot to have different favorites.... That's what makes the world go around :). Here are a few more from the same shoot that I have finished. We were a little rushed as the rain put a halt to shooting... she loves the shots and we'll
cabinporch.jpg
cowgirlblackwhitecopy.jpg
railarmsupcopy.jpg
cabinrailcopy.jpg
cabinwall2copy.jpg
railroaddoorcopy.jpg
be doing a family session shortly. Thanks for the critic and keep the comments coming... I always like to hear the good and the bad! I too am a work in progress I guess you can say!..

My Lord she's got some beautiful eyes. I keep checking out this thread to look at them. Amazing model! Just my opinion...ask her to smile more, she's got a pretty smile! lol

I like what you are doing but it seems you are over processing some of the images.
Some look like you have gone a bit too far with the skin correction.

I like what you are doing but it seems you are over processing some of the images.
Some look like you have gone a bit too far with the skin correction.

this is exactly what I was thinking... #2 in the original post seems to be the stand out offender on this for me.

the cowboy hat pose seems to be the most natural looking and is a great shot IMO.

Locations seem to be spot on for model shoots.

p!nK

Looks great but you are suffering from the same problem I have, that is cropping the wrong places.

Pic 2, 2nd series. You cropped her at her ankle.

Last pic, 2nd series. Alot of above head space, and you cut off her fingers.

Very nice model!

I like the 2nd and last pic of the second series. :) I think they're good(coming from a beginner so doesn't exactly mean much...) but some of her facial expressions i think could be better... JMHO

Most reactions

Back