My First model shots

phoenix83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I was wondering could I get honest answers on how to make my shots appear better either while shooting or in editing thanks

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

First off, you always want to make the improvements before the shot, not after. The "darkroom" be it the digital or traditional version should only be used for minor tweaks and fixing small details. That said, C&C per req.

1. The lighting on the left side of her face is a little harsh, while the right side is very dark. A diffuse fill light aimed up, at right side would have helped this. Always look carefully at your model just before you're ready to shoot; in this case the strand of hair that curls back up on her shoulder looks somewhat out of place. Also make sure she's looking at you; in this case the image leaves me with the impression that she's looking at someome well off to the side. Finally, the pose is rather stiff and effected.

2. The focus is a bit soft on this one. I can't tell for sure on this less than perfect work monitor, but it seems to me that it might be due to camera shake. The pose is fine, but her dress is a trifle bright (a quick levels tweak would fix it right up) and appears bunched around her waist. Finally, there's a bit of bra strap showing at her back.

3. Again, a bit soft on the focus, but other than that, not too bad.
Overall, some good potential in these pictures.

For my second shot my subject was not wearing a bra i accidently shot her tag sticking out and the first one my question is would a reflector have produced the same effect because we were on top of a roof using only natural sunlight

A reflector would definitely have helped yes, that looked to me like a backdrop - even an off-camera flash with a diffuser would have helped.

A reflector would definitely have helped yes, that looked to me like a backdrop - even an off-camera flash with a diffuser would have helped.

Well at least I got the desired effect to make it look like we were in a studio we were on the top of a hotel here in my city at 630 am trying to use the availble light i am going to invest in a reflector though to help light my shots more on both sides I have heard that they make two in one reflectors but i am not sure what they mean by that ?

Most reactions

Back