My First model

NoelNTexas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok you may have seen this is my first post. I have been shooting for about 2 weeks now. This is my first female model. I am using in this shot an olympus c-3000 a homemade 200watt Umbrella light and dark maroon background (to keep it dark). What do you think?

Jessdone2.jpg

I really like the shot but in my opinion the light on the left side of her face is a little harsh, maybe tone it down just a little

I really like the shot but in my opinion the light on the left side of her face is a little harsh, maybe tone it down just a little

I definitely agree with outdoorlover on the lighting on her face. I really like the background and the soft edges. With a little adjustment on her face, that could be a very nice shot. Good shot regardless.

Nice pose, beautiful model.

I think the 'wind blown' look adds drama, however I agree with a previous comment on the harshness of the light on her left side. I might tone down the blemishes and moles but not totaly take them out, and a bit of eyebrow stuff just to fill them out a bit if you get a chance at a reshoot.

if you get an oppertunity for a reshot, try getting her out of the center of the frame. For this pose, I would have set her further to the right so she has more frame "to look through." I'd also raise my perspective a bit so I wasn't looking up her nose. Perhaps tone down the eyeshadow, and try for a more natural look. She seems pretty enough to pull it off.

shes a little pale and im going to agree she is wearing to much make up try a more natural look for a model but i like the wind blown look

Very central in the frame. Crop off most of the right and top of the image that's all black. This will put her eye on one of the "third" lines. For composition read about "the rule of thirds" A google search will help.

i was also going to suggest woking on the compsition. and the overexposure of her face. then it would be perfect. would oyu mind if i edited your pic?

Since your signature says you don't mind editing, I gave it a once-over in Picasa 2 (my editor of choice for simple shots)

p3220014copy1yy9.jpg

Or my favorite way to do these shots:

p3220014copy3bq3.jpg

Also for next shot I highly recommend a different angle... Up the nose is not really flattering. Plus you accentuate the nose with the shadow, try to get the model to look INTO the light for a different effect.

Most reactions

Back