my first nature shots DSLR

user3977

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well as the title says this is my first nature shots with my XTi feel free to tell me what ever i need to do to them. the only editing was going from the cameras .jpg file to the resized photobucket file. and the last one i think is one of my favorites from the day, got a picture of my middle child not paying attention to me.

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture012.jpg

TNMeet067.jpg

TNMeet050.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Nice work, I especially like the first one, cause I'd be hollering too if I couln't find my other leg :lmao:
the only other thing I see is using a polarizing filter to take the glare off the water.

Nice work, I especially like the first one, cause I'd be hollering too if I couln't find my other leg :lmao:
the only other thing I see is using a polarizing filter to take the glare off the water.
i have one for my 35mm-80mm lens but not my 70-300mm lens, the one i picked for the hike today

from what i can see, none of the shots are in focus.

on the 5th photo, the white water in the top of the frame is distracting to me.

as well, i would have preferred a longer exporsure time for the water shots.

good start though, enjoy the new camera!

from what i can see, none of the shots are in focus.

on the 5th photo, the white water in the top of the frame is distracting to me.

as well, i would have preferred a longer exporsure time for the water shots.

good start though, enjoy the new camera!

can you give a little more detail to your post? this was all done right after i got the camera. basically just used it as an overpriced point and shoot. what shots are you talking about for longer exposeure the water falls?

i don't have a canon, so you will have to read the manual =) sorry....

about the exposure time.

the waterfall shots are not crisp and clear but not blurry either. by lengthening your exposure time, to maybe 3 seconds, your camera will capture the water's progress from point A - B, which will cause a blurry, dreamy effect. some people prefer this in water captures, others not. be careful in using a tripod though, as the camera will capture all movement in the three seconds, including hand shake. it's alright to have the water blurry, but nobody likes blurry trees or grass =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back