My first "paid" photoshoot.. a 20 month old cutie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also done some similar, only my boyfriends granddaughter had a dress with wings that went with it.
I took mine at a butterfly garden.
Just curious, as I havent charged yet for my pics, what did you start out charging?

The first thing I noticed were that the skin texture was entirely gone, it makes the focus look out. If that was fixed the photos would look great in my opinion (maybe it was an overdo on reducing clarity or something?)

The first thing I noticed is that the original post is from April of 2008...and oddly, the original images are STILL on-line at their original URL's!

The first thing I noticed is that the original post is from April of 2008...and oddly, the original images are STILL on-line at their original URL's!
for some reason it came on my new posts list?

A bit overexposed the girls dress looks way too white. but with a little touch up will be great shots!

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!

twd-zombiekill-9.gif

a little over-exposure on her face

I like that first one a lot! And the 4th one too since there is eye contact and I always crave that:)
The two main things I'm seeing that you could work on is composition and skin color. In that first one, her skin is extremely pink. I saw you didn't have a "do not edit", but let me know if you want me to take this down.
afairy-2-web.jpg

Basically, working in layers, I decreased the red and erased back her dress so it would still be really pink, but her face wouldn't. I used the color balance tool to help get her skin a more natural color as well. I have also discovered that upping the brightness & contrast can really add some pop to my images and thought it would help on this one. Lastly, I added a layer of soft light and then decreased it to about 50% or so. I erased back her face just a little as I thought the soft light looked really good on the river, but wanted a little less on her face.
As far as the composition goes, I think this one would have looked really nice if you had centered her less and included all of her fairy wing. It really is such a nice expression and pose on this one!

In that last one, I would probably do something similar to what I did with your first, but I would also darken the background more so my eye would be less drawn to it. As it stands it sort of competes with her. I would also crop in a tad closer to her. Also, be careful with removing as I can see where you did and it looks a little weird.
Hope that helps:)

I think that they are great, but then I am an amateur that is still learning. My only comment would be that it was a shame that the girl, with rosy pink skin was dress in pink. The pink is sort of overwhelming, as least to me.

Haha, this is certainly a zomie post, but if OP is still paying attention he's gotten a lot of advice. I'd bet, now 7 years later if he's still shooting he's gotten a **** ton better. Could we get some new photos?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back