My First Pano: "The fog that surrounds" CC Please!

Over Exposed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just tried my first hand at a pano stitch. took the shots without a tripod and stitched 4 of them together for this result. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. CC welcomed and appreciated!

FoggyHumpbackPanoWarm.jpg

I initially had a 5th shot stitched in to the right with my pup in frame, but he was a bit soft focus wise so I removed it.

Nice

I like panoramas too...used many techniques for this including an old Russian camera where the film plane is curved and the lens rotates horizontally.

Anyway...regarding composition: in your scene, I´d like to see a bit more foreground...this will give the eye something to start from when moving to the distant view. To achieve this you may want to try doing your pan shots with the camera held vertically...and put 5 or 6 shots together.

Remember that a pan does not have to be exteeeemely wide to be effective...even 3 or 4 shots may do a nice job. Looking at the result on a monitor at the resolution yours has does not really do it justice.

Well, as someone who has never ever created a stitched pano in her life, I automatically admire everyone who's able to do "the trick"! So I admire you for creating this, too. And I admire you for climbing up to where you climbed to (wherever that is, but the spot and view is beautiful!) ... and I also like the motif, the colours of the trees, the layer of clouds... why ramble? I like it!

why ramble? I like it!

The "ramble" is much appreciated! The more I hear, the better understanding I can have about what draws you to the photo. It's extremely appreciated. :thumbup:

Nice

Anyway...regarding composition: in your scene, I´d like to see a bit more foreground...this will give the eye something to start from when moving to the distant view. To achieve this you may want to try doing your pan shots with the camera held vertically...and put 5 or 6 shots together.

Remember that a pan does not have to be exteeeemely wide to be effective...even 3 or 4 shots may do a nice job. Looking at the result on a monitor at the resolution yours has does not really do it justice.

Excellent advice. I hadn't yet considered taking the shots vertically to include more foreground. I'm going to give it a go next time around for sure.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back