My first paying job!

kelley_french

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right place to post these but here ya go.

james2.jpg

crosscroppoem5.jpg

james1.jpg

james5.jpg

He plans on using some of these on an up-coming CD he is currently working on.

I think the first three are pretty bad and just don't have that professional "POW" that the last one has. The last one looks really professional to me, clean, simple, well-done. The last one is great! Get more shots that look like that and you'll be golden like them teeth.

The last is the best of the bunch, thats probably where I'd like to be working from. I'ts hard with the white background I think, I'm not sure if black would work though?

Pic 1 & 3, are you using a camera mounted flash? You're getting shine of the face and it is really distracting. If it's not from a camera mounted flash you need to re-position your lights sources, or make your light 'softer'.

The thing that really kills these two pics for me is that his eyes are out of focus. Get those eyes sharp. :)

I have to agree, the last shot is all class.

Best,
Rhu

The eyes not in focus was the first thing I saw. It is very obvious (and distracting). Same applies to his hair against the background in Photo 1. There he looks kind of "cut and paste" into a new background.

Wow the last one is very underexposed on his face. The second one is very weird and boring the comp is also not that pleasing. the third is oof and bad comp the flash is also distracting. the first one is the only halfway decent one, though i would not use it on an album. its also underexposed.

Your masking needs work, especially if someone is paying you. How about getting your subject outside on an overcast day, or in the shade?

If you are using the magic wand, stop now! It is not a very reliable method of selecting pixels for masking purposes. Learn how to use the pen tool. It is the most time consuming, but it can give you the best results when masking.

gangsta gangsta

I'm curious, what was this for?

Only one real comment, I am sorry he paid you for these shots! Not trying to be rude but man these are not very good at all. You did a terrible job of clipping his hair (or whomever hair...:lol:) out. You should also remove the red veins in his eyes.

I also don't like the third shot. I think the pose looks very positioned and unnatural.

Only one real comment, I am sorry he paid you for these shots! Not trying to be rude but man these are not very good at all. You did a terrible job of clipping his hair (or whomever hair...:lol:) out. You should also remove the red veins in his eyes.

I also don't like the third shot. I think the pose looks very positioned and unnatural.

I feel bad he paid for them too.

I see some people offered the OP some tips, which is the correct thing to do. The rest of you are just flat out cruel. It was obvious it was their first paying job, and theyre here to learn. Offer them some helpful hints w/o the smart ass "I cant believe they paid for those" crap. Rude.

What about using an urban environment background? That would look better. The last one is by far the best.

I see some people offered the OP some tips, which is the correct thing to do. The rest of you are just flat out cruel. It was obvious it was their first paying job, and theyre here to learn. Offer them some helpful hints w/o the smart ass "I cant believe they paid for those" crap. Rude.

Funny, you offered no input!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back