My first photo i am proud of

crytox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey i am a new guy here and i just recently bought my Nikon D40. This photo is of a random five dollar bill laying in my room. No flash, just normal lighting. Tell me what you think.

... on your first pic with your D40...
A little yellow...
?somewhat underexposed...
Shoot it outside, in good light - see the difference...
Your pride is noted - we are all proud of our first...
Good idea to keep this image - and look back in 12 months to gauge how much you have improved since your "first ever photo..."
Photo's of $5 bills aren't at all boring... People have been trying to reproduce perfect copies of $5 bills for years and years... Secret is to produce a perfect copy... LOL
Jedo

thanks for the replies. I like the yellow, gives it a certain feel to the picture i think. i only had one light in my room and it is very yellow. I would try to take my camera outside but we have about a foot or so of snow and it is still coming down so i did not want to damage my camera.

The yellowing is kinda Sepia like I guess. Nice first shot.... Try adjusting your white balance and see how it turns out... Use his first shot as a base...

I like the yellow colour cast, and I don't think it's underexposed. An accurate representation of the colour, and losing the shadows would kill the mood of the shot. I don't know whether you wanted to get the whole of the bill in focus, but you could stop down a little to render the top right hand corner of the bill sharp, if that's what you're after. The object in the top right hand corner of the shot is a little distracting, too, but overall, I like this shot, well done.

hmmm can i borrow five bucks :D.....haha oh whoops anyways hmmm foot of snow huh could be interesting take it outside and just put part of it in the snow could be fun and a nice lil contrast think about it...be careful of overexposure then though

I'll give you 5 bucks for it.

i have to agree.. i like the color cast and the shadowing moodiness of the overall picture.. the distraction in the upper corner could be removed and it would improve. I noticed how the only things in focus well were "america' and the "5".. i think that makes the photo

Nice pic. the distraction should be removed. Kinda through me off the first time I saw it. But I do like the yellow in it. It goes with the shadow that you have on the left side of the bill. Looks more "antique", and it goes with the age of the bill.

i agree, the color and the shadows work well for this photo. the distraction in the corner should be removed as well. i'm loving the texture of the bill too

Money is never boring,just the lack of it as I know onlly too well!

thanks for all the replies i will load the image up into photo shop and remove the distraction. I did not notice it to much until you guys pointed it out.

Most reactions

Back