My first photo post :)

righteous_bucks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my 50mm f1.8 lens today, so I've been taking a few pictures! Here's the only one I've really edited at all, hopefully there will be more to come soon!

4024532087_31f0dc1588_o.jpg

C&C would be appreciated :)

I like it. That is a beautiful cat. The eyes are just awesome.

The photo is a bit warm for my taste, could do with some white balance adjustements. But thats just my opinion.

I like the composition on this. I always dred opening one of these threads and seeing some badly composed quick snapshot... but this one is nicely done.

The eyes don't seem to be in focus though, which breaks the image. With eyes like that, you want them crystal clear and tack sharp. Seems that your focus point was on the nose and not the eyes.

If you are using auto focus and letting the camera decide what the autofocus point should be, look into using just the single dot as a focus option. Set the dot on what you want to be in focus, half press the shutter, hold, and recompose your shot.

Thanks everyone! :)

bigtwinky, thanks for the tips! I agree the eyes should have been more in focus, it was tricky even getting a sharp shot of her like this one though because everytime she heard the shutter click she'd get scared and move her head and make the picture blurred :lol:

bigtwinky, thanks for the tips! I agree the eyes should have been more in focus, it was tricky even getting a sharp shot of her like this one though because everytime she heard the shutter click she'd get scared and move her head and make the picture blurred :lol:

Oh, I hear ya. Animals are hard to take decent pictures of. At least dogs listen a little more than cats. Food is always an easier way to tame the beast.

Tips and critique seem to be few and far between these days, so I hope my meager writings helped you in some way. :)

The photo is a bit warm for my taste, could do with some white balance adjustements. But thats just my opinion.

I like the composition on this. I always dred opening one of these threads and seeing some badly composed quick snapshot... but this one is nicely done.

The eyes don't seem to be in focus though, which breaks the image. With eyes like that, you want them crystal clear and tack sharp. Seems that your focus point was on the nose and not the eyes.

If you are using auto focus and letting the camera decide what the autofocus point should be, look into using just the single dot as a focus option. Set the dot on what you want to be in focus, half press the shutter, hold, and recompose your shot.
thats wierd, my camera wont let me move the dot on autofocus, only manual

What camera do you have?

On my Canon, I have a button that I hit that brings up all the autofocus points. I can then scroll to either have them all on (let the camera decide) or have a specific one on. I chose to have the one in the middle on.

So when I do take a picture, I can half click, hold, recompose.

Take the kitty outside into the light or use some strobes.

THEN you will see what this lens can do!

I love my 50mm f1.8.

now it seems like the eyes are too noisey...good idea though

Most reactions

New Topics

Back