My first photo shoot

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by frankiscool, Oct 11, 2004.

1. frankiscool

frankiscool TPF Noob!

A close friend called me last night for a spur-of-the-moment photo shoot disguised in the cloak of "Can you come by and take a few pictures of me? for a commerical I'm trying to get into" LOL Anyway, I don't shoot people much, esp. indoors. The biggest problem we had was shadows, again which would have been helped with more notice by adding good lights. The other thing I'll remember is to set the air conditioning way down before hand because he was wearing a suit and got hot. Also his dogs keept disrupting things big time, next time I'll make sure they're in a room somewhere.

Aside from the shadows, I'd like some input on composition, color saturation, clarity, etc. These images have only been cropped to exclude certain items, they haven't been touched up at all.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

IMHO, the saturation seems good. the lighting used makes his face look flat...I assume this was shot with a camera mounted flash. The composition in the first two is off a bit; the flowers are too close to his head...In one pic it looks like they're growing out of his ear.

I really think you are getting this close though. Colors look great! Would like to see what others think and maybe some reposts. Good luck!

3. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Good clarity and exposure. If you are trying to sell the person it may be best to keep the pictures simple and try not to have to much in the background to compete with your subject. The person who looks at these photo's could view hundreds in a day. I would go for 3,4 or 6. Using the red background works well but get rid of anything that does not have anything to do with the picture.

4. frankiscool

frankiscool TPF Noob!

I have NO idea why this was moved from the critique section, but oh well.. anyway. Someone playing a joke on me I guess.

Thanks guys.

"The composition in the first two is off a bit; the flowers are too close to his head...In one pic it looks like they're growing out of his ear. "

I TRIED to tell him that, but he wanted the flowers. This was an atypical photo shoot in that he's not going to print these, just wanted to give them to someone in hopes of landing a wine tasting commercial of some kind. It was somewhat spur-of-the-moment I didn't have any time to prepare with lighting at all. It was also as his house. Given he constraints I think they turned out fairly well. The dogs were really annoying, at one point one jumped up and knocked my camera down! Geez.

I too like the red background of the wall.

Thanks again.

5. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It was moved because the critique section is for only one photo for serious critique. The Photo Gallery is for as many photos as you would like comments on. It is very difficult to give meaningful critique on more than one photo.

6. frankiscool

frankiscool TPF Noob!

Oh ok, thanks AllisonS. maybe when someone does that they shoot an e-mail to the user? Thanks

7. LizM

LizM TPF Noob!

I like the guitar one with the pinkish background best.

But I have to agree the shots are really busy for a commercial hopeful.