My First Photo with Flash.

I think HDR would work great with these, or maybe selective color.:)

:confused:Thanks Bitter.....NOW i really have a complex:confused:

Hey, man...nice work!! However, I thought the white balance was a tiny bit off, so I took a stab at perfecting the WB on it. I'm not a great Photoshop artist, but I took a stab at it, and my retouched version is attached. I assigned an sRGB profile, so it ought to look good on both Windows and Macintosh web browsers of all varieties.

4302545988_2a47ae92f0_o.jpg

Hahaha this thread is great. I actually really did just get my first flash about a week ago and my first picture with it actually did look like that :lmao:

Hahaha this thread is great. I actually really did just get my first flash about a week ago and my first picture with it actually did look like that :lmao:

I just got my first flash about a week ago too. My first shots were surprisingly good though, since I used the auto mode, lol!

I just got my first flash about a week ago too. My first shots were surprisingly good though, since I used the auto mode, lol!

I still use that trick too!

I can only use mine on manual mode haha. I fired off my first shot at full power with my subject about 4 feet away from me against a white wall :lol:

. . . I just got my first flash about a week ago too. My first shots were surprisingly good though, since I used the auto mode, lol!

Figures a Nikon hater would have to put the camera in Auto....

No no no, camera is always in manual - flash was in auto (and after putting it in manual, I'm comfortable with either).

And, BTW - it's not my fault that Nikon sucks... I wish it didn't... I feel sorry for you guys...

I can only use mine on manual mode haha. I fired off my first shot at full power with my subject about 4 feet away from me against a white wall :lol:

This (the first posted image) was actually my first shot with the flash. I did the same. People were checking out my camera (photo safari club outting) and I was showing them how decent ISO 6400 was without flash, in the dark restaurant. My friend was starting to teach us about using flash, and I put the flash on, and fired the shot. Also of two people 3-4 feet away. I think they are still blinded slightly from it. The flash was on manual, full power and zoomed (whatever that does). Well, we all had a good laugh about the result. I instantly thought about posting it here for a little comedy relief.

I appreciate you folks having fun with this thread, and it was really at nobodies expense. :thumbup: You all are hilarious. At least I got quite a few good laughs from your posts.

Thanks.:hugs:

This thread inspired me to do something I rarely do, take out a flash and actually use it.

Wow, what a cool tool!

I ran into this little problem. What did I do wrong?

bw.jpg

I thought perhaps my shutter speed was too fast but that can't be it... my shutter goes up and down, right? Or is it left and right? I'm so confused and I'm shooting my first wedding tomorrow.

What camera settings should I use for the wedding?

Most reactions

Back