my first photo

ZakAttack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok, I am VERY NEW to photography. I got my first digital camera last week and took a few pictures.

test2.jpg

here is the best one. Pretty sad huh? what can I do to make a shot as simple as this better?
my camera is a simple point and shoot kodak. thank you.

unfortunately i don't have much advice to make this shot more interesting, but i am glad i am not in your area...its still about 50 degrees here!

but about the pic, maybe try not to be so centered and also don't zoom in so much as there isn't anything of much interest. just zoom out and show the trees completely. just my opinion

Hey ZakAttack,

I am pretty new into this too, but I got a few tricks I learned on my own for you:

-Try to take pictures from a unique or odd angle. That may require you to lay down on the ground, get up on a chair etc. Try to think the normal eye wouldn't see everyday.

-Don't be shy about taking a picture. Keep taking pictures even if people might give you weird faces.

-Take several picture of a subject you might find interesting. Under different angles, different settings on the camera, experiment.

-When taking pictures of people, make sure they dont notice you! I think it's more fun capturing people on a spur moment rather than having them pulling me a weird face on the camera.

-The wide angle of your camera is your best friend ^^

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Back