My first photos - stunning frosty morning - please help!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Orchida, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Orchida

Orchida TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here goes with my very first set of pictures on this site. I got up reasonably early (for me and for a Sunday) - not a cloud in the sky and thick frost everywhere. I have a pile of other pics awaiting your criticism but decided to just give some of today's frosty ones.

1. The first one is very poor indeed (don't give up on me!) - but I feel there was loads of potential. The sun was making the melting frost on the vine wires glisten with impossible beauty - but I didn't/couldn't capture it, tried closer up too - what could I have done better?

[​IMG]

2. This subject I found attractive and unusual but somehow it's not quite right. Too much in the foreground?

[​IMG]

3. I thought I was being clever getting down low to get the iced puddle in the frame, but it seems bland to me, in spite of a very slight increase in colour saturation in photoshop.

[​IMG]

4. Finally this one I really like!!! But if you don't feel the same, please tell me.

[​IMG]

2. Alphaem

Alphaem TPF Noob!

Nice job, I really like #3, but they are all nice. Try and get a macro shot of some of the ice on the branches, that always looks great.