my first pics from my Pentax (film)- 12 thumbs

thanks for the comments LaFoto and skylark.

as for the age joke, i didnt mean it to offend anyone, and i didnt intend it to mean it had anything to do with the shots ive been taking or the ability to do anything. i just meant that thinking so much about getting another year older, regardless of what year it is, was one of the reasons i havent gone out to take many pics lately. i get easily distracted and when i have alot on my mind, and trying to remember and figure out what i need to do to get a decent shot becomes hard and frustrating. thats when a little break is in order. id rather not shoot and deal with whats on my mind, then go out and shoot a bunch of pictures that all come out bad because i couldnt mentally focus. i do tend to be my own worst critic, and ive been known to beat myself up (figuratively, not literally) over things that i should have done better but didnt.

it reminds me of a trip i took to a park here a couple of summers ago. i was walking around taking pictures when i saw a couple taking pictures of each other. if i had to guess, i would say they were in their mid to late 60s. they had a nikon DSLR (not sure what model) and a laptop. i watched them for about 30 minutes switching between being the photogrqapher and the subject, and then looking at them with the laptop. watching them doing different poses ranging from laying on the ground to getting on top of a picnic table, or even into a tree was really inspiring to me. i was really happy to see a couple having so much fun doing something they obviously loved, and still having the ability to do some things that even at my age, i couldnt or wouldnt do. i did end up introducing myself and told them it was great seeing 2 people having so much fun just spending time together taking pictures of each other. they told me that they had been doing that for quite a long time now, and couldnt imagine a time when they wouldnt take any chance they had to go out and do what they loved and had been doing for years. it made me realize that i too had a wife that loves spending time with me no matter what we were doing, and that i needed to include her in more of the things i did. since that time, she has gone with me almost every time i go out just to take a bunch of pictures, and we have never been happier just to be spending the extra time together.

ok, i see im trying to type a book again so i would just like to say i do apologize if anyone took offense to the joke. it really was just that, a joke and purely self-directed. being my age and having the physical problems that ive had for most of my life tends to make me feel "older", and i do joke about it alot, but i do know that age has nothing to do with ability and i didnt intend to imply that it did.
thanks again for everyones comments/advice, and i would also like to thank everyone here for making me feel welcome here, and for helping me learn as much as i have in the short time i have been here. :hug::

John_05 said:
thanks for the comments LaFoto and skylark.

as for the age joke, i didnt mean it to offend anyone....../QUOTE]
No offence taken, I teach teeangers and just get a bit tetchy when I realise I'm closer to 70 than to their age - but my mind is still 18!!!
As for the important stuff, let's see some more pics :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back