soods

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Don't make me feel toooooo stupid...

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

I'm sure there's a list of things wrong with this one, but I was just experimenting and thought this was pretty nifty.
IMG_3452.jpg

Gotta love you some bass.
IMG_3271.jpg

Yeah...so they're not so good, but hey, gotta start somewhere I guess. Right?

Hi

I'm a beginner but still want to comment :)

1 ) It left me wanting to see the whole canion.
It feels like it was croopped out.

2 ) I think the center rock should have been in the lower left corner of the "grid of thirds", not centered.
In the center looks kind of boring

3) same as #2

Salutes

Giorgio

I did have thoughts of that after I posted them.
I kinda ignored the fundamental rule I guess...whoops.

Thanks for the tips!

I did have thoughts of that after I posted them.
I kinda ignored the fundamental rule I guess...whoops.

Thanks for the tips!

You don't always have to follow the rules of 3rd. After all, haven't you heard of breaking the rules.....you just have to know how to break them...:mrgreen:

1- The main subject here is the canon and its way at the bottom of the picture. There are way too many blurry trees in the top part. Nice exposure on the picture though. Recompose the shot, get closer to the angle, try getting lower down on a day with a nice sky, look for interesting angles that play well with a blurry background

I would also of liked to see the canon barrel in focus. You have the wheel in focus, but having the barrel (which to me is an important part of the canon) in focus is key. Keeping the back wheel out of focus is fine. When you head to some place to take pictures, something I try to do (being new to photography as well) is take at least 10 pictures from various angles, distances, settings and effects. I try and apply this as much as I can when taking any picture and you'd be surprised how this makes you see things differently

2- It’s a rock. Not doing much for me. I do like your depth of field and you managed to capture a crisp rock, with decent texture in it. But the composition is totally off, except for having a foreground out of focus like that. Rule of thirds is a good start.

3- I actually like this one. The effect makes it look like brush strokes. Interesting and nice job experimenting (which is what all us new photographers should do more of)

4- Interesting picture. I find the background in here distracting, even if its out of focus. Nice depth of field though! The picture has a slightly yellow tint to it, check your white balance. I also find that the carpet is distracting. So good concept, fun picture, but look for a more solid and less busy place to put the guitar.

You don't always have to follow the rules of 3rd. After all, haven't you heard of breaking the rules.....you just have to know how to break them...:mrgreen:

Good point, the rule of 3rds is just a rule. There are certain times when NOT using the rule of 3rds makes a photo so much better. The key is knowing when to use it and when not to. But its a great general rule to always think about

I would also of liked to see the canon barrel in focus. You have the wheel in focus, but having the barrel (which to me is an important part of the canon) in focus is key. Keeping the back wheel out of focus is fine. When you head to some place to take pictures, something I try to do (being new to photography as well) is take at least 10 pictures from various angles, distances, settings and effects. I try and apply this as much as I can when taking any picture and you'd be surprised how this makes you see things differently

Good point. I'm such a newbie, I don't even have a thought process like that. haha. I just look at things and think they might make a decent picture.

Now I wanna go back and get the barrel in focus...thanks for the inspiration!

Glad I came to a place that can help me out!

EDIT: Man...I can't get the quote to work right. Sorry.

At the bottom of the post you want to quote, just click on the Quote button with the green arrow going to the right. It should open up a reply box with the quoted text in it.

Having a good eye is key to photography. So keep looking for things that would make a good picture and snap away. Then thing what parts of the picture are the most important, and get those in the best focus possible (if that is your intent). Then try differnet angles, lower down, higher up, just parts of it, go to the other side of what you are shooting to change the background etc etc etc.

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back