My First Pics!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by slickhare, Jan 2, 2006.

1. slickhare

slickhare TPF Noob!

with an slr that is... i shot these on my pentax me super. a lot of the pics i took got messed up... but these are my favorites from the survivors. all critique welcome but remember i'm an amatuer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

enjoy!

2. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

very cool shots you have here. looks like you may have some minor 'white balance' issues, but that can easily be corrected in a good photo-editing software. what software do you use?

3. Matty-Bass

Matty-Bass TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    not bad! Could work on some composition in some, but I particularily like the Dice and Pocket watch pictures!

You need a program to fix the white balance!! :stun: Photoshop Elements or even Paint Shop Pro are very cheap, make good a good investment. Did you scan the photos onto your computer directly or negative scan onto a disk? Might be the problem. Overall, good job!

4. slickhare

slickhare TPF Noob!

i didn't edit them, these are the direct scans. i have photoshop and i'm trying to figure out how to fix 'em up. but i kinda like the natural sepia thingy happenin there

thanks for the comments so far! :mrgreen:

5. slickhare

slickhare TPF Noob!

<bump>for more help</bump>

6. Chiller

Chiller Mental case

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Cool shots. I really like the dice image. You have a good eye.
    It might be the monitor here at work...(cheap cheap cheap)..but the images seem flat. I think playing around in PS , you will have some happening shots here.
    Nice stuff!.

7. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You play around with DOF (depth of field) very nicely in all of these! The wide open aperture gives you a chance to photograph with the given light (which I assume is tungsten light, hence the yellow cast ... it looks a bit too off in the photo of the staircase, I'm afraid, and in that one I also think DOF is too narrow), and it also gives you an interestingly narrow focus. I like it in the photo of the ceiling lamp! White balance is good in that one, too.

And the arrangement of the dice and the watch shows your creativity.
    Maybe cropping the dice photo so they are no longer in the centre of the photo could help them, and a boost in contrast would definitely help the watch-photo. Next time you arrange a watch-photo, make sure you include all the shadow in the frame.

8. slickhare

slickhare TPF Noob!

i think i took an alternate from a little farther out that shows the shadow of the watch a bit better. i'll try to post it if i can.

thanks again for the comments :D