My first picture in a Newspaper

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well in one that only some Catholics read :p. But it's progress and everyone is proud of their pictures being in a news paper :p. The only thing that bothers me is that they didn't write who took it when they were given the info.
Picture-2.jpg

well in one that only some Catholics read :p. But it's progress and everyone is proud of their pictures being in a news paper :p. The only thing that bothers me is that they didn't write who took it when they were given the info.
Picture-2.jpg

Congrats. Yeah that would stink to not get the credit you deserve.

yea, but now it wouldn't make sense contacting the editors to put it in. But at leas that's one step closer to being in a more known newspaper (thinking about the NY times) lol

I was in the newspaper business for years. It is your fault for not providing the byline and caption. From this point forward be sure to completely fill out the file info in Photoshop or your fave editing program.

Love & Bass

Very nice, is that the Catholic Sun?

Congrats. Yeah that would stink to not get the credit you deserve.
Thata awsome I got this picture of a building fire where the smoke was going llike 1/2 mile up in the air from where I was chillen at rock rimmon (overlooks manscester), and the union leader placed it on there web site with my name but no photo in the actual newspaper (they had crappy photos from the ground). Anyways keep trying. peace.
Wes

Hey at least newspapers generally print your byline in the caption or alongside it-- major magazines print them in the fold, where no one can see them.

Congrats, hope it is the first of many. I have had about 3 printed in local papers as well...:thumbup:

How do you guys go about getting printed? You take a news worthy and well done photo and then send it in to the editor? I've looked at a few newspaper websites and couldn't find a contact link for submitting pictures...

How do you guys go about getting printed? You take a news worthy and well done photo and then send it in to the editor? I've looked at a few newspaper websites and couldn't find a contact link for submitting pictures...

The shot I've had that ran nationally (People Magazine) they called the university newspaper that I work for and asked about the possibility of photos relating to their story. For local stuff you might just call the paper and ask for the photo editor-- but be aware it's common for them not to pay.

Congrats...A newspaper will print anything good regardless of who submitts it. Being ready is a big part of getting published. Have a camera, notepad and pen with you when possible. Photo car wrecks firess, anything interesting you may come across. Note all the details you can, time of day, location, subject, participates, what happened.
Car wrecks are often submitted by non-emloyees of the publication.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back