my first pictures for c&c

jsauce8921

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have no clue what i'm doing and any advice is appreciated.
4503809352_b72489b17c.jpg

4503179677_e624a265e3_b.jpg

4503813370_0fd0d63fa8_b.jpg

be gentle.

Do you really like the fivefinger footwear?
Are you in the Marine Corps?

yes and yes

the five fingers are awesome for crossfit

yes I've been in the Marines for 12 years this aug

Awesome, I was wondering if those shoes were actually authorized, my platoon commander wore them the other day for Company PT and I was shocked he got away with it.
Where are you stationed?

If only I could go back in the Marines for the purpose of taking photos. Take some pics of people on duty. Maybe during Colors. Maybe a retirement with some big formations, some drill... just ideas. I wish I could do that, but I did my 4 and I'm not going back :D

Im a recruiter in nashville right now, but was at camp pen before i got on recruiting duty

thats what i thought to rob. pretty classic look and so much you can do with them.

any tips on what could be better?

1 is cool.

2 and 3 don't really do anything for me. They don't have an interesting subject. I guess the first one doesn't really have an interesting subject either... it's just a headlight, but I still like it.

One thing that I can tell you is if you're not laying on the ground or climbing a tree or shooting from some position that you don't see things from every day, your pictures are going to turn out very uninteresting. I guess that's why the foot one is uninteresting to me. and the one of the sun is just an underexposed shot of the sky.

Try to get on the same level as whatever you're taking a photo of. If you're shooting a dog, get down next to it so that you can see the horizon. It makes for a better background, and, as a viewer, I feel like I am being transported into that dog's world. And isn't that the whole point of taking a photograph?

rob i looked through your flickr slide show and your photos are great... is there a filter or something that you use to make everything so clear and crisp? like i said at the begining I have no clue about photography, but i love it. any help or advice is welcome. not just from rob but anyone. I just want to take better photos

Most reactions

Back