My first pictures here, being rude is allowed ;)

Mr. Murmeli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are the first pictures I post in this forum and all kinds of comments are welcome. I think I've taken some better pictures in my life but these are some of the first that I've taken with a DSLR (my 450D / XSi finally arrived :razz:) and therefore I want C&C specifically to these ones.

This one is one of my very first DSLR pic and I wasn't thinking about the compositioning all that much. I just wanted to learn to use the camera. But after all I thought this turned out quite nice.
1Nana.jpg

This I took using a flashlight under the glass and turning all my rooms other lights off. The drink is called Black Russian.
2BlackRussian.jpg

And finally this, as can be seen, has had some serious Lightroom adjustments to it self (well, it was just a high contrast B&W preset I used)
4Koivuinentie.jpg

It has to be said, the last one looks a hell of a lot sharper on my computer so I guess the Photobucket blurred it while adjusting its size. But nevertheless, I'd really apperciate some honest feedback on all of these since I really want to improve myself as a photographer ;).

Last edited:
I think all three are nice, if not a bit soft. You should straighten the drink, though, which is a nice shot. That could be an ad for a drink. Funny how your dog is completely uninterested in you getting on the floor in front of him with a camera.

they all suck .. just kidding ;) you said to be rude LOL .. I like that snowy road shot the best. Nice use of converging lines. The only thing I would change about it would be to balance it out a bit. If you notice your distinctive line starts higher up on the bottom right side of the frame at the bottom of the first tree compared to the left side where the edge of the road hits the edge of your frame. Same at the top .. your trees come into the frame more on the right than the left ... you can transform it around in Photoshop to fix it but its best to notice things like that a move around to fix it in camera when you shoot ... sometimes it's hard to think about little things like that on a cold day of shooting .. and that day looks like it was pretty cold. :mrgreen:

OMG!!! I love picture 2 and 3. I'm new to photography so you can't go on my opinion but I swear I love them and trust me I know what I like. Very awesome pics and very inspirational.

I think all three are nice, if not a bit soft. You should straighten the drink, though, which is a nice shot. That could be an ad for a drink. Funny how your dog is completely uninterested in you getting on the floor in front of him with a camera.

Thanks for the comment. As I said I was too lazy to adjust the size of those pictures my self so the photobucked did it for me, and quite badly apparently so they became quite blurry.

And that dog is quite a lazy one from time to time so she doesn't mind me taking pictures in front of her ;).

xposurepro said:
The only thing I would change about it would be to balance it out a bit. If you notice your distinctive line starts higher up on the bottom right side of the frame at the bottom of the first tree compared to the left side where the edge of the road hits the edge of your frame. Same at the top .. your trees come into the frame more on the right than the left ... you can transform it around in Photoshop to fix it but its best to notice things like that a move around to fix it in camera when you shoot ... sometimes it's hard to think about little things like that on a cold day of shooting .. and that day looks like it was pretty cold. :mrgreen:

This was a really good advice :D. I hadn't thought about that at all and didn't even see it when post processing it but now that you mentioned it, it kind of bothers me already :mrgreen:.

It was -13C (9F) outside when I took that shot.

This was a really good advice :D. I hadn't thought about that at all and didn't even see it when post processing it but now that you mentioned it, it kind of bothers me already :mrgreen:.

It was -13C (9F) outside when I took that shot.

Yup I was right 9F is pretty cold .. especially when that cold wind hits you in the face LOL

Here are the first pictures I post in this forum and all kinds of comments are welcome. I think I've taken some better pictures in my life but these are some of the first that I've taken with a DSLR (my 450D / XSi finally arrived :razz:) and therefore I want C&C specifically to these ones.

This one is one of my very first DSLR pic and I wasn't thinking about the compositioning all that much. I just wanted to learn to use the camera. But after all I thought this turned out quite nice.
Very nice shot. Down at the dog's level, shallow DOF, did you adjust the white balance? Composition is actually pretty nice.
This I took using a flashlight under the glass and turning all my rooms other lights off. The drink is called Black Russian.
Nice shot but it would be nice to get more separation between the glass and the background.
And finally this, as can be seen, has had some serious Lightroom adjustments to it self (well, it was just a high contrast B&W preset I used).
Nice B&W conversion. Interesting vanishing point composition.
It has to be said, the last one looks a hell of a lot sharper on my computer so I guess the Photobucket blurred it while adjusting its size.
I've heard many people complain about how their images on Photobucket doesn't look as good as it does straight from their computer. Flickr doesn't seem to have that problem.

i like the 3 the most. nice shots

Samanax said:
Very nice shot. Down at the dog's level, shallow DOF, did you adjust the white balance? Composition is actually pretty nice.

The cameras white balance was regular so the picture came out too yellow/red to my liking so I photoshopped it a bit. I actually have a few different versions of this now since I couldn't make up my mind which looked the best :lol:.

xUnknownSoul said:
I'm liking 1 and 3. Maybe in 1 you can put it into photoshop and bring up the levels.

My monitor isn't equipped with the regular and cheap TN panel but a slightly better S-PVA. So colours on my screen look much more bright than on a "regular" monitor. And as I said previously, I couldn't make up my mind which of the color adjusted versions I liked the most ;). Maybe one day I could post all of them and ask for a popular opinion.

a bit soft, but I like the last one the most. I recognize the place, where is it from?

a bit soft, but I like the last one the most. I recognize the place, where is it from?

I highly doubt you recognize that place :mrgreen:. It's in the northern part of city Oulu in Finland (which is in northern Europe for those of you who don't know).

Those are some really nice shots I really like #2 and #3. I feel you im learning on my new DSLR aswell....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back