My first portrait attempt

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
He doesn't like to smile so that is what I had to work with. Lol

Steve.jpg

I am glad it didn't smile... I think it helped capture his personality and that's what makes a good portrait.
I like the picture, but it need some cropping (top and bottom)

Let me know how it goes!
Sandra

I am glad it didn't smile... I think it helped capture his personality and that's what makes a good portrait.
I like the picture, but it need some cropping (top and bottom)

Let me know how it goes!
Sandra

How is this?

Steve-1.jpg

Steve-1-1.jpg

I was just gonna say u had to much space above his head. but 318 beat me to it. U might wanna PP some of the redness on the skin and i think maybe change the background cuz the hat just seems to blend into it

what is the fleuro blue line around him? mainly round the hat. is this from removing the colour from the background?
Sorry i'm new to this and that is one of the first things i noticed.

Try a little modification, have him turn the face a BIT towards to his right (the nose is braking a cheek/eye line thus it provides a pinocio effect.
Good luck
Joe

what is the fleuro blue line around him? mainly round the hat. is this from removing the colour from the background?
Sorry i'm new to this and that is one of the first things i noticed.

Lol I am looking but not seeing the blue line...maybe it's just me! :)

It wouldn't be from removing the color from the background because that is what color my backdrop is. Possibly from the studio light that I was using!

Im seeing the line too. Not sure what it is. Personally, I dont like the background with this portrait at all. I do like the edit with the edges because of this.

Mark

If you want to learn lighting & portrait posing and have no one who can teach you google for David Ziser. He is a wedding photographer, offers seminars, online classes. His blog is Digital ProTalk. His videos are really nice and will teach you a lot about classical lighting and posing.
Good Luck
Joe

Most reactions

Back