My first portrait from new umbrella.

bradleypics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I picked up the cheapest wireless flash trigger and umbrella kit (60 for both) I could find and here is a result. I setup a broom to focus on then tried to sit in the same place. It is a silly self portrait. I'm going to spend more time on it this weekend and get a white sheet for a backdrop.

4388481413_59baba0f87_b.jpg

So I picked up the cheapest wireless flash trigger and umbrella kit (60 for both) I could find and here is a result. I setup a broom to focus on then tried to sit in the same place. It is a silly self portrait. I'm going to spend more time on it this weekend and get a white sheet for a backdrop.

4388481413_59baba0f87_b.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you, but I got two umbrellas, two vivitar 285s and Pocket Wizards.

Going to be playing all weekend.

I like your picture, I can't see anything wrong with it. Good job

Good luck this weekend and have fun.

Ohh I also got a 24-70 2.8L and light stands

@BLD That's some serious glass and serious money to be gifted, grats.

@BLD That's some serious glass and serious money to be gifted, grats.

My motto: Go big or go home.

Yes, its pro-grade. Yes, it cost alot. Yes, I have only used my new gear 24hours and I have had my pictures turn out 10fold.

I love my new 24-70 and new lighting options with off shoe light.

Back at the OP: BandH is like newegg.com but for cameras. Same price at BandH would be 1.5-2x at best buy or something and you don't pay tax. This comes in handy when its a $2,500. Tax would add a $200 to it.

Yes, its pro-grade. Yes, it cost alot. Yes, I have only used my new gear 24hours and I have had my pictures turn out 10fold.

You're in the honeymoon phase. It wears off :) Still solid gear, but you'll eventually run across all of its limitations and you'll be frustrated now and again. But learning to work around that only strengthens the tools and your ability to use them.

use some foil or white foam board (i use my car sunvisor!) on the other side of you as a reflector to fill in the shadows on the right (camera) side of your face, and you've got yourself a great portrait for next to nothing! great deals on your lighting, turned out nice!!

I'm in the same boat as you, but I got two umbrellas, two vivitar 285s and Pocket Wizards.

Going to be playing all weekend.

I like your picture, I can't see anything wrong with it. Good job

Good luck this weekend and have fun.

Thanks, I got an Opteka wireless flash trigger and it seems to work. It feels VERY cheap and I expect it to break at some point but works for now.

use some foil or white foam board (i use my car sunvisor!) on the other side of you as a reflector to fill in the shadows on the right (camera) side of your face, and you've got yourself a great portrait for next to nothing! great deals on your lighting, turned out nice!!

Thanks, I will pick up some reflective surface before this weekend and see what I can do with it.

Of course, when its not your money.

lawl, that motto is relevant when you're putting effort and work into something. Good behavior is like saying "You didn't screw up for x period of time! Have some cash."

Last edited:

Of course, when its not your money.

lawl, that motto is relevant when you're putting effort and work into something. Good behavior is like saying "You didn't screw up for x period of time! Have some cash."

Yea, but someday by going big sooner I will get bigger money and better results sooner.

Most reactions

Back