My First Portrait pictures C&C Please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by JKnobelock, May 9, 2009.

1. JKnobelock

JKnobelock TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I finally got my hand at portraits. Did this for a friend of mine.. let me know what you think of them, she hasnt seen them yet, so i dont know how she is gonna react.
    1.[​IMG]
    2.[​IMG]
    3.[​IMG]
    4.[​IMG]
    5.this one she was just having fun with lol
    [​IMG]

2. Sodak

Sodak TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    They all seem to be pretty well done. Maybe a tad underexposed, but that may just be my taste.

The only one I have a problem with is #5. Makes me think I should be hearing "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crew. I don't think that was the look you were going for here. :)

3. Karl

Karl TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm in no place to give any constructive criticism, but from a spectator's point of view, they're really nice shots.

I really love the third one. Underexposed as said Sodak, but something tells me that was what you were going for?

Either way, nice shots. ^^

4. JKnobelock

JKnobelock TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    lol, that actually was, she was just having some fun with it, her friend that was with her was making many comments when she decided to make that pose lol.

5. JKnobelock

JKnobelock TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #3 actually is a bit more underexposed than i would like, I'll be going back in to lighten it up lol.

6. Karl

Karl TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    God bless Photoshop. XD

7. In His Image

In His Image TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love them....verryy nicely done!! The exposure in all of them is to what is "in" in teenage photography and I think it looks great!!

8. LisaMarie

LisaMarie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Love #3 and 4, great job on all of them!!

9. linpelk

linpelk TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think #1 has great potential, but maybe a little bit of photoshop to some blemishes and a little whitening of the teeth might make it stand out better. #3 is my favorite of the bunch. I think the B&W works well here. #4, I think that pose makes her look like she has enormous feet and a tiny head with a tree growing out of it (something I've done MORE than once myself). #5 is silly and captures a bit of her personality. I'm sure this isn't one she will want to frame and put in the living room, but she will get a kick out of it for many years.

10. sjluto

sjluto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like them. As far as posing is concerned, I feel that you've done well. They are definitely pleasing to look at. I'm with everyone else, a little underexposed. When I look at them almost the last thing that really CATCHES my eye is the model, not because of positioning, but because there are other things in the photo that draw my eye with lighting. Does that make sense? There's probably a fancy name for this, but as I'm very new, I don't know it!

2 & 4, for example, I love the colors in the trees in the background, but then I realize I am meant to see the girl. Otherwise, I think it's great for your first shoot!!