My first "Portrait"

MATTY_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Most of my photography so far has been landscape, cityscape and other random objects. So keep in mind that this is my first portrait type of photo. Please look at this and give me some tips and feedback. This is a photo of my Nephew on Christmas morning. I kind of like the angle on this. Also, this was a color photo but I converted it to B&W. I included another photo with his eyes still in color, let me know which one you like best! Thanks in advance.

jordanbw2.jpg

jordanbw2-blueeyes.jpg

Nice job on the creativity. To me the angle is very disorienting, to the point of distracting from the subject. That's just me though. :)

Thanks, it is kind of a weird angle huh? ha.

also, was messing around with ps a little bit and tried using the air brush on his face.. what do you think?

jordanbw2fixed.jpg

I think it looked good as the original. I would lighten the tired christmas bags under his eyes a bit, slightly darken the shadows on his cheekbones, slightly sharpen the irises, straighten the image a bit, burn down or add an ever so slight blur to the back ground.
Those were just suggestions not to say ALL need to be or should be done. I thought the picture already looked pretty good...minus the angle. ;)
I personally don't like the soft/blurred look on skin. Some people like it though.
It's WAY late here. If you want I could do a few things to it in the afternoon (EST). Instead of clogging up your post I'll PM you later in the day. :)

I think it looked good as the original. I would lighten the tired christmas bags under his eyes a bit, slightly darken the shadows on his cheekbones, slightly sharpen the irises, straighten the image a bit, burn down or add an ever so slight blur to the back ground.
Those were just suggestions not to say ALL need to be or should be done. I thought the picture already looked pretty good...minus the angle. ;)
I personally don't like the soft/blurred look on skin. Some people like it though.
It's WAY late here. If you want I could do a few things to it in the afternoon (EST). Instead of clogging up your post I'll PM you later in the day. :)

Thanks! I would really appreciate that, look forward to receiving your PM!

Weird I don't see where I can PM you. Contact me via flickr mail or direct email through here. I did *some* work to the pic. I got done at work a LOT later than expected.

The flash is mighty harsh. Its a pass for me. Cute kid though :)

I like the first one, the selective color on the eyes is kind of played out..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back