My first portrait.

Steel26

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today my photography class did a portrait shoot together. Heres some of my results. Let me know what you think.

dsc1532rm8.jpg

dsc1533gw6.jpg

dsc1598jh7.jpg

dsc1692zb0.jpg

212dj6.jpg

all c&c welcome

I am very impressed with the fourth one! It's a portrait that also tells a story...good job on all!
Welcome to The Photo Forum!

The first one is too distracting for me... 2 and 3 are a bit soft, which isn't always bad for portraits but in this case I don't care for it. It looks like her hat is in perfect focus but that puts the focal plane just in front of her eyes.

I think #5 is neat.

I love #4!!! Awesome shot.

Great first set - keep up the good work

Nice Captures. Nice use of the light

I love 5..it's awesome! And #4 I like alot too.. where are you btw? The design on the ground looks just like the design in Coolidge Park- Chattanooga. Hmm.

I like them, good stuff, but number 2 and 3 are too soft.

Thanks for the comments guys. I really enjoyed this shoot. I agree with you that #3 is a bit too soft. However I kinda like the way it is on #2. I dont know thats just kinda my taste.

The focus is a bit off in some and - sorry - it bothers me a lot ... I can see where it is on the thing behind her in 2 and on the rim of the hat in 3 and it just feels like it does not really belong there.

I really like her expression in 4 and it is a pity that droplet passed right in front of her eye the moment you took the pic, but oh well, I still like that one AAAAANNNNND the reflection portrait in 5 (!!!!!) very much.

Nice thing to be TAUGHT how to take photos. I never was...

i agree with the majority here that 2 and 3 are too soft.

in the first one there are many distracting details ... having the background in B&W could help.

nice boots in the last one ;)

I love the one with the reflection. Too cool. I tihnk your subject is too pretty to have to wear so much makeup though, but the pictures make the colors look nice anyway. Good job!

Most reactions

Back