my first portrait

deadlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here is one of my first portrait shots. it was kind of spur of the moment while she was at our house so her hair was messy and she could have worn something better but oh well, plus she had to pose the way she wanted she wouldnt do it my way. Please let me know what you think!

JOE_01952.jpg

Works pretty well actually..not just another studio pose.

A couple of suggestions:
* don´t do the colored flower thing...too kitsch and distracting. Pure or classic photos always work best in the long run.
* perhaps it would benefit from cropping just below her hand, or burning this area down. There´s too much light on her bum...de-emphasize it.

thanks for the suggestions!

I agree about the colored flower. Selective color should be used to draw attention to what is important. In this case, the flower is less important the the model...and the flower steals attention away from her face. Nice use of light & shadow.

I love her attitude!
Could do with a bit of a play around with the cropping.
Great shot for a first timer.

I think letting them do their own thing really works for portraits sometimes. ;) kids have lots of personality and that's what you want to capture. You've done great. Like others suggested, I'd not do the selective coloring for this particular shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back